Now Playing + What are you listening to?

one must listen to more than just a latecomer to really appreciate the style.
True true, Grimberg:) By coincidence I was listening to Mr. Cray and was indeed pretty impressed as i ought to be. You have to give Mr. Cray that he carried the Blues through the 80's and early 90's with his sweet sounding guitar and very good songs at that! There was at that time no Blues going on, other than him. (Almost) The Blues would have been a lot poorer without him! I am listening to Robert Johnson, Skip James, Son House and all those old fellar's that got popular after the Blues revival set in:smash: I listened to them even before that, if I could. Thanks to the Blues revival, much more of the old recordings have become available. Man, they even released Blind Willie Johnson's complete Columbia recording's from late 1920's. His song "Dark was the night" is one of a few that was sent out in space with the Voyager (On a pure gold record at that) Make no mistake, I am a big Blues fan:) My favourite Blues is "Fingerpicking Bentonian" style.
About latecomers; I think some of the best Blues ever, is made by just those, right now;)
Oh, nearly forgot. Listening to J. B. Lenoir right now:)

Steen:)

Edit. Funny how the name King will make you a Blues star:D You have to be either blind or carry the name King, to be a Blues star:D Half the Blues musicians of old days were blind or were called King. Freddie King is one as Grimberg mentioned, B.B. King is another;) Albert King is also king of the Blues, and his guitar just sweeps the floor. Actually he play lefthanded, but didnt restring the guitar, so he plays upside down. (Played, I should say) He could squeeze bends out of a guitarstring, like noone else! Great indeed!

I listen to Robert Cray albums and have to say that some of them appear to have been made just to fulfill contractual obligations. Their quality in uneven, to say the least. He is a good musician but sometimes gets more credit than he deserves. In my opinion, during the same initial period, Stevie Ray Vaughan did a lot more to draw attention to the blues than Robert Cray did. Too bad he died so young.
If you haven’t had the chance to listen to these guys, look for their CDs. Quality writing and musicianship.

Joe Bonamassa
Dave Hole
Chris Caine
Corey Stevens

:cool: