Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Haven't listened to half reasonable sound for weeks, for various reasons - was just persisting with this stupid laptop, which has, sorry, putrid audio on it! So, finally got the desktop PC running again - its desk and everything with it had been shifted into a new position - thank God for decent sound!!

In honour of the current theme of 15 tracks of Cajun, have on Southern State Sounds - let it rip!

Nick - just exactly how many R t R machines do you have - any 70's vintage Revox or Tandbergs? Those were me favorites to use, but the battleship Crown 700 and 800 series made some stupidly good live recordings, even without Dolby NR

Back to subject - most recently in the radio

No woman no cry - Monty Alexander ( kinda like Gene Harris, he always finds space to throw in a few extra notes per measure)

My Canary...Captain Matchbox
1931 Version
I saw Conway live a few years back, still sounds the same as the original recordings.

Some more Aus fun...
Emergency Ward.jpg
Marijuana Mexicana
Drugs Drugs Drugs

These two tracks are from the fund raiser album Emergency Ward.zip...lol and kudos to who ever compiled the YouTube video graphics :cool:.
A mate of mine had the vinyl back in the day, and I'm glad somebody preserved it.
Rumour has it that the album is full of well known Aus musos who remained anonymous whilst lending their support...some good and fun music captured.
Powerhouse Museum - 'Emergency Ward' record album, 1979

Frank, midoztouch.com is an informal Aus music preservation society with tons of Aus music history free to download and with links to other similar sites.
I am sure you will enjoy exploring ;)....go to the Forums tab.

Dan.

Last edited: