Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Im listening to my BEST OF GORDON LIGHTFOOT record :)

Current song: Canadian Railroad Trilogy

WHAT AN EXCELLENT COLLECTION OF MUSIC!!!!!! -- I have a greatest hits collection from 1975 (2 record set) and on record #1 he RE-RECORDED HIS 60s SONGS TO SOUND LIKE HIS 70s SONGS .. COMPLETE CRAP!!!!!!!!

On this record I have 7 of those IN THIER ORIGINAL 60s VERSIONS and they are MUCH NICER!!!!!!! (2 of them are live)

IN MY OPINION HE MESSED UP BIG TIME......... He put out another GORDS GOLD in 1988 (version 2) .. JUST ABOUT EVERY SONG WAS "UPDATED" TO HIS 80s style music..... (all the 60s and 70s songs he did)

I WOULDNT GET THAT PIECE OF CRAP EVEN IF IT WAS FREE!!!!!!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Iron Maiden~ Powerslave
UP THE IRONS! My first concert was Maiden during this tour and the album sure does bring back some fond memories.

Hank Mobley~ Roll Call
Great album from a great musician. Everyone needs a Hank album in their collection.

Grant Green Trio~ Remembering
Steer clear of this Jazz Wax 180g reissue- heavy surface noise after multiple cleanings. Gonna hit it with wood glue and clean again and see if it helps. Too bad, it's a good one for all of you Grant Green fans out there. Was going to pick up Grant Green~ Born To Be Blue, reissued from these folks, but may hold off if I can't get Remembering to sound a bit better.

Beastie Boys~ License to Ill
Sub gave up the ghost today while playing this album!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Charles Mingus~ Mingus Ah Um
Probably the best album in my collection.

Iron Butterfly~ In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

On the open- reel deck:
Side 1: Blind Melon~ S/ T off the 2014 reissue(vinyl), Blind Melon~ Nico(CD)
Side 2: Iron Maiden~ S/ T, Killers, Number of the Beast, Maiden Japan(vinyl) and Powerslave(CD). I had to skip recording No Rain off Nico and Big 'Orra off Powerslave to get all the music to fit.

Some more Level 42.......onto "Staring at the Sun"

________________________________________________Rick........

Attachments

• ROBERTS SHIP 062.jpg
    ROBERTS SHIP 062.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 62