Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Once I got my new tube amp system I came to appreciate jazz from the 50's and 60's and the recording techniques they used. Instruments were separated and there seems to be a three dimensional quality to it. But I imagine that's due to my amp and preamp and the speakers. The modern recordings...though clean in sound seem to be really be one dimensional. Phil Spector murdered better recordings plus a woman that would put out. The wall of sound really destroyed quality recordings.

As I said 60's jazz such as Miles Davis and Sonny Stitt along with all the other jazz greats from that era playing in quartets or quintets make some really sweet music.

Modern electric music from musicians such as John Scofield, Diana Krall and others is good too.

A lot of the elecrtronica by Orbital, Future Sound of London and one my all time favorite CD by Propellarheads are good too. I think because of the creativity of the electronica musicians with the new sounds they've used makes the good too.

Classical music, though good, seems sterile. There is a lack of emotion. That's another reason why those small jazz groups make the music so good. You can hear and feel the slight variations that might come about from how the musicians are playing...I could go on but in reality this thread was meant to be a simple single sentence of whatever CD or LP may be playing right now.

Sorry.

OK...one last time. Trying to post photos to this forum with my iPad sucks. Thing is I used the iPad to take the photo.

Found this EP in my collection earlier this afternoon. Cleaned it with Lens Cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Sound great despite having only a ART DJpreII phono preamp as opposed to something a little more substantial to go with the rest of my tube equipment.

Even the 45 sounds good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 71
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Last edited: