Fave song from SOAD 'Mezmerize'?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Although initially attracted to this CD by the 'Dancing in the desert/ blowing up the sunshine' riff, I put off buying it for a while 'cause I thought 'it can't all be that good'. Finally bought it and found I was wrong...
After listening for a few weeks, I think 'Revenga' is now my fave song;
Pity I can't play SOAD when the kids are around cause of the naughty words, the missus hates it, but it gives me good cred with the young neighbourhood dudes when they find an old codger listening to this stuff...;-)

Incidentally, what do you guys think of the mix?
Pete McK

Are you familiar with their first album? The last two weren't that great IMO. I do have mezmerize in my collection. Haven't given it much listening, but if you think it's good, maybe I'll give it another try. I used to be really into the older SOAD stuff.

i listened to it thought it was mediocre and commercial sounding, but hey to each his own

if you want another cool album to **** off the missus,that leans toward the heavier genre, ive been listening to children of bodoms "are you dead yet?", its very cool, although hate crew deathroll was better.

also how old are your kids? ive been listening to metallica since grade 2, and my dad exposed me to it even earlier, and i didnt turn out that bad...i think. bottom line is you may be worried too much about lyrical content scarring your children.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.