Bad Church Music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This probably relates more to the U.S. -- our Catholic Churches are packed with people who don't sing, or can't sing. (With the Reformation, and subsequent events all the good singers went over with Luther, Calvin, Wesley, Hus and Henry VIII.)

and now we have a situation where the clergy, bereft of any knowledge of the difference between bass and treble cleff, has deemed that "bad church music" will be foisted on an increasingly disenchanted congregation.

therefore, I have devised the following bumper sticker (beseech has been spelled correctly in the printed version) for those who want to end the tyranny of Haugen and Haas.

oh, parenthetically, I should have typed this in Latin to make sure that no present-day cleric would comprehend what is written:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I went to a parochial elementary school who had a killer organ player. After mass, she'd launch into these solos that made the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Had one priest who would say/sing parts of mass in latin which was pretty cool, too.

I'm not into the whole contemporizing of religious worship. On the contrary, I want hear dead languages, see clergy in robes, smell incense, etc.

Singing along to words on a projector screen accompanied by a rock band is not very inspiring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.