Classic Records 45 Series, OMG!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I have two, just got in Satchmo plays King Oliver and Berlioz Fantastique.

Now I have heard people claim that audiophile recordings are all junk because the performances suck, or the musicians suck, or the increase in fidelity is not enough to actually increase their listening plleasure. Though I too hate paying those Audiophile prices for records, I got them both for under 20 each, one well under 20, and they are my first 45 rpm full size records. I disagree that these audiophile recordings can't improve my listening pleasure, and these disc's were sure proof positive.

The Satchmo disc was just amazing. The Background was dead black, no noise really at all, at first I looked at my stereo to make sure the volume was up, but once the music started, I could tell sure enough, this was an amazing disc. The resolution, soundstage, overall tonality, everything seemed just perfect. I find that some re-issue's, especially some socalled audiophile ones, can sound bright, edgy, and have a false sense of resolution. This disc was mastered propperly, and seems to have the perfect sense of prat, tonality, everything. It was very organic. One thing I noticed, and wonder about, was that Satchmo's voice seemed very sensitive to my head position, as far as positioning. If I had my head just right, he sounded like he was dead center, but very distant. As if he was standing in the back of the stage, maybe ten feet back from the front or something. If I moved my head, he just sounded like he was completely out of phase. I wonder if the record is recorded in reverse polarity. I, for whatever reason, seem to be sensitive to absolute polarity, and unfortunatly my preamp has no provisions. My D/A converter does, but not my preamp. I may try reversing the polarity of my speakers and seeing if that fixes it.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that experience if anyone was looking at these discs with disbeleife. I really did feel that the Satchmo one especially was considerably better than the original, and just truely amazing sounding. No other source has ever been able to give me the deep wide soundstage and propper tone that these discs gave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.