Artist with the most mystical albums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As was uttered by Christopher Lambert in 'Highlander', "There can be only ONE."

Dead Can Dance

Nothing else even comes close. :)

The titles of the albums even say it:

"Within The Realm of a Dying Sun"

"Toward The Within"

"Into The Labyrinth"

"The Serpent's Egg"

"Spiritchaser"

I won't spoil or add to the mix, but if you like music that winds you up and sucks you away..and is so far gone that you're not quite sure what you are listening to, well..there you go. Give them a shot. They are either completely Brilliant and original, or they are full of it and completely pretentious. That's how close to the edge they reside. I personally think they are brilliant.

I second the work by Brian Eno & (Daniel) Lanois. The Apollo 'Atmospheres & Soundtracks' is a good example. The music was written for the documentary film 'For all Mankind', originally released by National Geographic, but now only available on Criterion. Anybody with an interest in the space program and the moon landings should check it out.

"Inward Harmony" by Marcey.

I doubt you'll find it in a store. I've an open mind on the mystical stuff but if there is 'something' then imo she has tapped into it. It has some gorgeous low tones. My copy is on tape, bought when CD players were still beyond my budget. I did try doing a dub but the music is too subtle and the copy sounded lumpy.

Not advisable for when driving, it's very relaxing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.