New Italian Metal Band

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello folks! And expecially hello to all the metalheads in the forum!!!

May I suggest you a brand new Italian Power-Prog Metal band? They're called ExTempore and I saw them live, they are breathless! Very good music, and a good enjoyable concert. :bigeyes:

http://www.extempore.altervista.org

There are mp3s to download, they're enjoyable!!! and good recorded. There is also a forum in the site... but that's in italian.

Impressions/comments?

I wonder why I'm not surprised to see the first comment here is about the violin sounds I used in that song :D
I had a very old and cheap keyboard, before buying a small but good synth... And then the songs are quite old and were the first written by the band! We're trying to collect the money for the next recordings but it's not that simple you know... We're going to add something else to listen to in the site ASAP!

So cowboy tell me... What metal bands do you have there in the USA? Evanescence? They're Lacuna Coil clones, and Lacuna Coil are... can you guess? Italian!
Want to listen to something harder? Try some melodic death metal from Node or Disarmonia Mundi... Far better than most of the american bands out there!
You want something more "extreme"? Try Necrodeath, or Cripple Bastards... No yankee can be so brutal, that's for sure!

About movies... I am tired and bored by those stupid special effects "hollywood style"... A movie needs a PLOT!

History means tradition, tradition means good taste, good taste means good music and good movies. And I'm sorry but you just HAVE TO agree with me about this:D

History means tradition, tradition means good taste, good taste means good music and good movies. And I'm sorry but you just HAVE TO agree with me about this
For sure, the Italians have good taste. Take a look at their designs in whatever you like, it looks marvelous:) Hmmm, Ferrari, Ducati's, Furniture, even their Hifi equipment looks so great.... to mention a few, make a pick and no one are as good:cool: Even their food is tremendous;) I think I will give that metal band a try!

Steen:cool:

hanszl2001 said:

demogorgon, the group you mentioned is it Dimmu Borgir style or more Finntroll?

I would say old dimmu style, although they have so many other influences too..

SingInTime said:
No yankee can be so brutal, that's for sure!

About movies... I am tired and bored by those stupid special effects "hollywood style"... A movie needs a PLOT!

History means tradition, tradition means good taste, good taste means good music and good movies. And I'm sorry but you just HAVE TO agree with me about this:D

Brytal Yeankees: Deicide.
A good american movie: Castaway
A good american series: Lost

remember, american popular culture is nothing but former europeans on a fieldtrip, with the exeption of hip-hop ect..
the africans stood for that.

the only thing "true american" is then need for everything to be bigger, better, faster and more expensive than their european counterpart.

steenoe said:

For sure, the Italians have good taste. Take a look at their designs in whatever you like, it looks marvelous:) Hmmm, Ferrari, Ducati's, Furniture, even their Hifi equipment looks so great.... to mention a few, make a pick and no one are as good:cool: Even their food is tremendous;) I think I will give that metal band a try!

Steen:cool:

Steen, you keep suprising me :)

-Marius
out to make trouble :)

demogorgon said:

the only thing "true american" is then need for everything to be bigger, better, faster and more expensive than their european counterpart.

It isn't so positive when it comes to music... and especially hard'n'heavy music.

Everyday I'm surprized on how many good new bands you can found in Italy, I agree with Singintime. Most of them are fairly better than the usual punk-rock-melodic-quasi metal american stuff. And they can play too! :D

Cheers... and download some of ExTempore music here !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.