best guitar solo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me throw in a few of my favorites too.

Gary Moore:
Parisienne Walkways
Still Got The Blues

Hendrix:
All Along The Watchtower
Red House
Voodoo Chile

Roy Buchanan:
The Messiah Will Come Again

Jeff Beck:
Cause We've Ended As Lovers

Joe Walsh and Don Felder:
Hotel California

Danny Gatton:
Harlem Nocturne
Melancholy Serenade

Joe Satriani:
Always With You, Always With Me

David Gilmour:
Comfortably Numb

Stevie Ray Vaughn:
Texas Flood
Tin Pan Alley
Lenny
Riveria Paradise

I haven't replied in this forum for some long time now , but I just couldn't resist.... I am deeply into (rock)-guitar sounds .... so much infact that recently I stalled my DIY Hi-Fi projects and finished my Soldano SLO-100 copy project... for those into guitar tones.. you know what I mean... My copy-amp dilivers some sweeeeeeeet tones... not perfect.. but half-way there at least...

anyways.. for the topic anwser I am not different than most others I guess.. but these made me turn to electric guitar..

1] Hendrixs : All Along The Watchtower (after 100's of times it still gets to me)

than ... at a distance

2] Gilmore's solo's on the Wall (comf num etc)

3] Billy Corgan's Soma, or Thru the eyes of ruby (He really is THE nineties guitar-sound-geek)

Barb wire guitar solo

Has anyone heard John Cale (I think it's him), The Velvet Underground and the live recorded song What goes on? The Album is 5 CD's with a banana, "Peel slowly and see"

Bar code 731452788726

This guitar solo (very "risig" recording, sounds like cassette tape) is so wonderful. This is real music, compatible with Pink Floyd and David Gilmore!

When people hear it they say: "Stäng aaaaav!" (Shut off!). I reply then: Can't you see, this beautiful music!

It is a pity!! many people don't see the beauty in a song or a piece of music.....

My favorite is Radiohead (the bends) "street spirit"... A guitar solo very simpel, but done without any failures...and it is about 3 minutes long.

off topic :

Many artist have text's we could learn something from....

Kasmir... quote : "Love is when a friend cut's a smile in your face..."

My 2 cents:

I've been playing lead guitar for 10 years, and these are the ones that still give me goose bumps:

Jimmy Page (Zeppelin) - slide solo on 'What Is and Should Never Be'

Eric Clapton (Cream) - 'Badge'

James Honeyman Scott (Pretenders) - 'Precious'

Santana - 'Black Magic Woman'

Duane Allman/Dicky Betts (Allman Bros) - Stormy Monday

Cheers,
Pete

One guitar solo I'd love to be able to play is Slash's solo in Sweet Child O' Mine. He's one of the better guitarists I've heard.

Ben Harper is doing some good stuff too. (Can't think of a specific song off the top of my head though).

(I'm a little surprised to see no mention of Metallica in here....unless I missed it)

IMG]http://www.mikedeasy.com/images/gg2.jpg[/IMG]

Anybody heard this guy playing?
There was a time when I couldn’t tolerate any guitar if it wasn’t played by such legends like Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page, Eddy Van Halen, Angus Young, Kirk Hammett and the alike until I was introduced to this gentleman and his “Wings Of Praise” album (there was other albums too but I cant recall them now) - I discovered, that there could be music besides metal. While now reminding his play serves more of the nostalgic value I still think they were one of the best tunes.

argo

Oh yeah baby!

Stevie Ray Vaughn's cover of "Little Wing", originally by Jimi Hendrix.

Definitely one for setting the volume to 11 for!

But for an even more minimalist version, that will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, and reduce grown men to tears try Hendrix's live rendition, from the 'Hendrix in the West' album.

Worth owning for this and a superb version of Red House alone.

Andy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.