diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Music (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/)
-   -   CD that can cause serious health issue! (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/53504-cd-can-cause-serious-health-issue.html)

chris ma 15th March 2005 01:41 AM

CD that can cause serious health issue!

Folks,

I am very upset after spending $27.00 cdn plus tax for a CD and it almost blew up my system! It was recorded/mastered/pressed so bad that it should carry subsonic warning in the package. I was only listening at my normal level around 85db or so. Suddently the amps started to clip and the subwoofers clacked violently and really startled me.

There is no way I can get a refund from HMV, do you think?

The Butcher:bawling:

xstephanx 15th March 2005 02:19 AM

what cd? and try explaining to the dumbass at HMV what clipping is, and how bad the whole ordeal was to your system and him actually understanding/caring, and ill refund you half of what you payed!

chris ma 15th March 2005 12:01 PM

Use it at your own RISK!

Jane Monheit
Live at The Rainbow Room

2003, N-CODED MUSIC by Warlock Records
NC-4249-2

$cdn 26.99 plus tax at HMV

quasi 15th March 2005 12:15 PM

Hey, can I borrow the CD?

My wife wont let me build bigger speakers ....but if the speakers were broken....."ya see honey, I need bigger speakers ....yeah sure it could happen again if I don't get bigger speakers....please ?"

might work.....hmmm

chris ma 15th March 2005 05:39 PM

Sorry you can not borrow the CD now

I returned it to HMV and got refund/credit note for it.
So I just bought 2 more CDs there before they change their mind.

Watts at Scott's
Charlie Watts and the TENTET

Sophie Milman

for extra $12.60

The Butcher:D

SY 15th March 2005 06:44 PM

Watts at Scott's is absolutely terrible. Charlie Watts's behind-the-beat stodginess may be fine for the Stones, but it's horrible for jazz. The man can't swing to save his life. Quick, find a flaw in that one, too! Trade it in for some proper jazz.

chris ma 15th March 2005 06:54 PM

They are still sealed up so I will have much better chance to exchange it.

Do you think Riding with the King any good?

SY 15th March 2005 07:14 PM

Haven't heard it yet, but I've not been very fond of anything Clapton has done since about 1972. Now, Stevie Ray Vaughan, that's something in that genre I can listen to again and again.

If you want interesting contemporary big band, check out Toshiko Akioshi/Lew Tabackin's albums. If you want to really go outside, there's always Sun Ra...

grimberg 15th March 2005 09:20 PM

I am siding with SY on this one. Riding with the King and Hold On are the only two songs worth listening to in that album.
Try Kirk Fletcher - Shades of Blue and The Chris Cain Band - Cuttin' Loose or any Steve Ray Vaughan if you are looking for good blues. :nod:

mercator 16th March 2005 07:21 PM

Or, if you want a duet album that combines a 'genuine' blues man with modern rockers (Clapton included) I might recommend John Lee Hooker: The Best of Friends or The Healer

/Dave