Unpopular music - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2005, 08:03 PM   #11
TB is offline TB  United States
diyAudio Member

Any 70's Wierdos out there?
I am..................................
Old 2nd February 2005, 12:54 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

What!!! no Aqua fans?
Old 2nd February 2005, 02:20 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phn
"Joyride."
Quote:
Originally posted by Ropie
...Doctor, Doctor
Quote:
Originally posted by Joules
"She's got the look"
Oh yes, I've heard those. They're all very bad.

My friends all laugh at them when they hear what I listen to. I believe other than constant laughing, the latest comment I can recall was when I was listening to The Best of Nina Simon and my friend said "do you kill people?" I think he said that because in movies it's popular for serial killers to listen to that type of music.

Others that get laughs are Nora Jones, Jack Johnson, Damien Rice, Gillian Welch, Nelly Furtado, No Doubt, can't think of anymore. Oh yes, if you want them to pee themselves, find the kyaal remix of Destiny's Child "Loose My Breath." Even my girlfriend makes fun of me when I play that song.
Old 2nd February 2005, 06:49 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

What about.... SLADE or Status Quo ?
Old 2nd February 2005, 10:47 AM   #15
Joules is offline Joules  United States
diyAudio Member

If it souds good, it is good.
Old 7th February 2005, 12:50 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Wow, I love Einsturzende Neubauten! Best live show ever, they were pounding on giant brass vats and grinding pieces of metal
Good call on Status Quo, I never heard of them till I was in Europe and even then it was sort of a joke. I like a few songs.

If Neubauten is obscure, what about the Cocteau Twins?
Old 7th February 2005, 01:45 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

"If Neubauten is obscure, what about the Cocteau Twins?"
And..... This Mortal Coil?
Old 7th February 2005, 01:52 PM   #18
phn is offline phn  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I worked in a record store for two years back in the late 1980s. It's a good store with very knowledgeable owners. Anyway, being located near a high school we had quite a few customers from there. Some of them all dressed in black were into Laibach and stuff. But if my memory serves me, I think Cocteau Twins had a bigger following than Einstürtzende Neubauten. But then, so had Foetus and other Thirlwell stuff. Heck, even junk like the Revolting ***** seemed to have a larger following than the great German band. (I guess that's cheating with such a great name and all.) I kind of dug Big Black. Now, THAT is heavy. But I couldn't convince the black crowd. Most of them were Depeche Mode wimps anyway. And cheap. They would listen for hours but rarely buy anything. "Can you put on track two on this?" ("Stephany Says" on the Velvet Underground VU album.) The hard rock/heavy metal crowd I liked, despite not sharing their taste in music (unless we talk Ozzy Black Sabbath, Motor Head, and such classics). Dedicated and knowledgeable and often a lot more open-minded. At least as far as music goes.

Having that said, no record collection is complete without some early Einstürtzende Neubauten, like Halber Mensch or the collection Strategies Against Architecture, Volume 1. Hard to find better antidote to the usual MTV jingles than those.
Old 7th February 2005, 02:48 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to demogorgon
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy154

Oh yes, I've heard those. They're all very bad.

My friends all laugh at them when they hear what I listen to. I believe other than constant laughing, the latest comment I can recall was when I was listening to The Best of Nina Simon and my friend said "do you kill people?" I think he said that because in movies it's popular for serial killers to listen to that type of music.

Others that get laughs are Nora Jones, Jack Johnson, Damien Rice, Gillian Welch, Nelly Furtado, No Doubt, can't think of anymore. Oh yes, if you want them to pee themselves, find the kyaal remix of Destiny's Child "Loose My Breath." Even my girlfriend makes fun of me when I play that song.
Nora Jones? if i remember correctly, thats fairly good music, isn't it? she has a good voice.

Quote:
Originally posted by TB
What about.... SLADE or Status Quo ?
Status Quo's cool! they played here a few years ago, belive i was quite drunk that night.

Quote:
Originally posted by phn

Having that said, no record collection is complete without some early Einstürtzende Neubauten, like Halber Mensch or the collection Strategies Against Architecture, Volume 1. Hard to find better antidote to the usual MTV jingles than those.
Try Panzerchrist - Roomservice. har enough to make your ears bleed
Old 7th February 2005, 03:03 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TB
"If Neubauten is obscure, what about the Cocteau Twins?"
And..... This Mortal Coil?

They're mainstream! What about my favourites like Heidi Berry, or The Changelings? (The Atlanta-based Changelings, not the other ones)

Hide this!Advertise here!