Any Parrotheads out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jimmy Buffett is somewhat of an enigma. He's one of the richer musicians on the planet. He sells out every concert. He's a heck of an entertainer, but unless you live in Florida, you might not have heard of him.

Until you say "Margaritaville" that is.

My friends and I have been enjoying him since '73 when he came out with his first non-country album called "A white sport coat and a pink crustacean"

I was hooked and have been since. Anyone else?

Cal

Don't tell anyone, but I'm one of the fruitcakes in a hawaian shirt and grass skirt at the Houston(Woodlands Pavilion) shows.

I always liked his music, but only really got hooked in college in the early 90's I've seen every show here since. I even drove 150 miles one year to see him in Austin one year when he didn't make it to Houston.

I always drink about 10 beers too many. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :dead: :Ouch: :Ouch:

I actualy do like his music. Mostly because my dad is a Parrot Head. I grew up listening to it. Ive been to 2 concerts (my first when i was 6) and have meet Mr. Buffett. Ive eaten a cheese burger on the island in the bahama's he wrote "Cheese Burger In Paradise" on/about. This is because My dad owned a 27 Megragor and we would sail to the bahamas quite often. Well untill he was transfered by the military to Kings Bay.
I Just went on a cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarteen and of corse they where playing jimi buffett all the time and i knew the words better than the drunk old men on the ship, lol. Margaritaville was the favorite play of course. I love that song and anyone who doesnt deserves to burn in....

Saw JB about three months ago at a local outdoor venue, which suprisingly had ****-poor acustics. He played alot more of the old stuff than he did the last time I saw him which is good. Its interesting all the different stories of where people think JB's cheeseburger in paradise is geographicaly, I was under the impression that it definatively was a small island called Cabbage Key just south of Boca Grande. I did have the cheeseburger while I was there...and it was paradise!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.