Music to listen to

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all.

Would like to hear your opinion on these 2 pieces of music.

Hang On Extended
Take My Heart

Being the artist on these songs i have the possibilty to allow you to listen to them in uncompressed quality without getting any copyright organisation on my back. You´re hereby allowed to burn them on a CD-R.

Note: This is pop-music.

I know it takes some time to download .wav files. However i thinks it better than .mp3 (No compression discussion in this thread - thanks)

The tracks can be downloaded at:

ftp://62.66.129.7

user: diy
pass: audio

Hang On was a #1 hit in Denmark during 2000-2001 and nominated for a Danish Music Award 2001. The album had 12 tracks, on of them (the best i think) is Take My Heart.

The album went gold and Hang On was double platinum single.

Now, sales doesn´t necessarily guarantee good music or good quality. So what i would like is your opinion when listening without prejudice.

The music is produced by danish producers Raven and KayDee and are recorded and mixed at Lundgaard Studios Denmark on a Euphonix CS2000 desk. This desk has since been upgraded to a CS3000

www.lundgaard-studios.dk for further information.

Take My Heart is mastered at Tocano Mastering in Copenhagen by Jan Elliason

Hang On 2002 is mastered by world known mastering engineer Björn Engelmann at Cutting Room in Stockholm, Sweden. Check his CV at www.cuttingroom.se

So every effort within possible reaches on every aera of these recordings has ben put into it.

I would like comments on these tracks. All kind of comments.

Spend some time with them - i belive it´s worth it - even though i´m naturally disqualified to discuss!

Thanks in advance :)

Regards

Hans-Henning /Denmark

PS: Note that the ftp is at my personal address, and has a limited bandwith of 512 kbps upload. So if the some of you has trouble getting the files - try again later.

interesting

After listenning to both songs, I'd say I prefer "Take my Heart" because it feels "warmer" and the vocal are balanced a little better with the musical part of the song (to my personal taste anyway). Vocals are great.

My first impression is that it's better quality than most pop music I listenned to so far, and it sounded very good on my speakers.

Please note that I listen to about every styles of music and that I only have a few hundred CD's, so I don't have that much of each kind.

I'm not into technical stuff about recording, I only listen although I occasionally hook up a bass guitar on my system, playing along with the music. When nobody's around, especially neighbors : I have 30" subs in my main speakers and I'm not very good.

They are no good songs to me. No strenght at all.
No soul, no emotion. (If you don´t mean what you´re singing and/or can´t sing it with soul just leave the vocals)
The chosen samples/"instruments" are so bad I wonder you didn´t find anything better.

Hang On was a #1 hit in Denmark during 2000-2001 and nominated for a Danish Music Award 2001. The album had 12 tracks, on of them (the best i think) is Take My Heart.
I thought stuff like that is only possible in germany.:bigeyes:

Note: This is pop-music.
Pop-music is popular music, isn´t it.
Is this really so popular?

world known mastering engineer Björn Engelmann
who?
Chris Kimsey would be an example of world-known.(although no mastering engineer)

I think you listen to the wrong type of music to get your creativity going (is it Britney Spears, Bon Jovi?).
Listen to some soul and maybe one day you know what I´m talking about. (Aretha Franklin; just to give YOU one example)

No, I don´t mean this personal and I´m usually the diplomatic type.
Just couldn´t resist to say something.

So far 99 views, but no comments.
That goes to show how friendly and diplomatic the forum really is.

saharirannejad said:
Again Hi

If possible please put the mp3 version of "take my heart" on your site.

Regards

Hi there. Another 7 tracks added from my album. Looking forward to hear your opininon. The album contains 12 tracks, but some copyright issues prevents me from making these available. Since they are cover-versions of already known songs they are not that interestning.

Regards, Hans-Henning aka freedom, Denmark.

PS If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it, is a (very true) sentence taken from the CEO of The EIA organization. The sentence just means that voodoo, beleifs, and other non-scientific arguments should be taken out of the discussion, when it comes to audio and sonic performance.

joensd said:
They are no good songs to me. No strenght at all.
No soul, no emotion. (If you don´t mean what you´re singing and/or can´t sing it with soul just leave the vocals)
The chosen samples/"instruments" are so bad I wonder you didn´t find anything better.

I thought stuff like that is only possible in germany.:bigeyes:

Pop-music is popular music, isn´t it.
Is this really so popular?

who?
Chris Kimsey would be an example of world-known.(although no mastering engineer)

I think you listen to the wrong type of music to get your creativity going (is it Britney Spears, Bon Jovi?).
Listen to some soul and maybe one day you know what I´m talking about. (Aretha Franklin; just to give YOU one example)

No, I don´t mean this personal and I´m usually the diplomatic type.
Just couldn´t resist to say something.

That goes to show how friendly and diplomatic the forum really is.

Hi Jens

Thanks for the comments.

True it is that the forum is friendly and diplomatic. And the wonder of it all is that we all like different kinds of music.

To my comments. Britney Spears has sold (so far) 1.87 times more records than Aretha Franklin. This does NOT say ANYTHING about the quality of either of thems music. But it does say something about popularity.

I was the 4th. best selling artist in Denmark in 2001. Only Safri Duo and 2 TV-based acts, one of them the Danish Song Contest winner, sold more than I did.

So, yes, this happens also in Denmark, and I guess, everywhere else in the world.

I suggest you try to listen to Hang On a couple of more times, perhaps when its dark - statitically you're more succeptable to _(new) music at this time of day.
Even though the samples used are common, basic Roland JV1080 Samples and KORG M1 Clavia, these were chosen delibretly - cause this was the way I wanted it. You may dislike them - that is all up to you, and purely at your discretion. But nothing is coincedence, or lack of decisions. Everything in the song is as we (The producer and I) wanted it.

And double platinum for the Hang On Single, and Gold for the album isn't that bad I think. I mean - if so many peoble acutally paid money for the thing - it must have some value!

Still - very important - taste is individual, and so be it till the end of time!

Last, as originally wrote - please do check Björn Engelmanns CV - then you would know why I say world-famous.

The guy you mentioned I haven't heard of. Which songs did he work on?

Kindest Regards.

Hans-Henning, Denmark

morbo said:

I suspect that the old saying 'if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all' may be coming into play here. :)

True! However - comments that are not positive are welcome, as long as they are not flame and other "low-level" kinds of statements - these kind of statements are of no use to anybody.

Regards

Freedom/Denmark

To Jens...

Hi again. Googled to find Chris Kimsey, and found that he has, among others, produced Duran Duran. He must be a hot-shot in the business.

Funny you mentioning my inspiration. Martin Sandberg, or Max Martin which is hes alias used on records, is in fact the greatest inspirator to me.

He was the first non-american to win the US ASCAP award (songwriters Oscar). He was also the first to win it 3 times in a row - ever.

He has written, co written, produced, co-produced, and played strings and keys on more sold records than any other songwriter/producer on earth - including records with Britney Spears and Bon Jovi.

If you want, you can go check www.maratone.se to see what he has been working on. Click, producers/songwriters -> Max Martin -> Discography and see for yourself if there is a band or two you've heard of :)

Kindest regards.

Hans-Henning, Denmark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.