Music to listen to - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th July 2005, 01:31 PM   #11
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

They are no good songs to me. No strenght at all.
No soul, no emotion. (If you donīt mean what youīre singing and/or canīt sing it with soul just leave the vocals)
The chosen samples/"instruments" are so bad I wonder you didnīt find anything better.

Quote:
Hang On was a #1 hit in Denmark during 2000-2001 and nominated for a Danish Music Award 2001. The album had 12 tracks, on of them (the best i think) is Take My Heart.
I thought stuff like that is only possible in germany.

Quote:
Note: This is pop-music.
Pop-music is popular music, isnīt it.
Is this really so popular?

Quote:
world known mastering engineer Björn Engelmann
who?
Chris Kimsey would be an example of world-known.(although no mastering engineer)

I think you listen to the wrong type of music to get your creativity going (is it Britney Spears, Bon Jovi?).
Listen to some soul and maybe one day you know what Iīm talking about. (Aretha Franklin; just to give YOU one example)

No, I donīt mean this personal and Iīm usually the diplomatic type.
Just couldnīt resist to say something.

Quote:
So far 99 views, but no comments.
That goes to show how friendly and diplomatic the forum really is.
Old 18th July 2005, 08:01 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Again Hi

If possible please put the mp3 version of "take my heart" on your site.

Regards
Old 19th July 2005, 09:23 PM   #13
freedom is offline freedom  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to freedom
Quote:
Originally posted by saharirannejad
Again Hi

If possible please put the mp3 version of "take my heart" on your site.

Regards

Hi there. Another 7 tracks added from my album. Looking forward to hear your opininon. The album contains 12 tracks, but some copyright issues prevents me from making these available. Since they are cover-versions of already known songs they are not that interestning.

Regards, Hans-Henning aka freedom, Denmark.

PS If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it, is a (very true) sentence taken from the CEO of The EIA organization. The sentence just means that voodoo, beleifs, and other non-scientific arguments should be taken out of the discussion, when it comes to audio and sonic performance.
Old 20th July 2005, 12:17 AM   #14
morbo is offline morbo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So far 99 views, but no comments.

Iīve noticed that some of you have taken the time to download the music.

Iīm looking forward for the comments - no news is in this case not good news i presume... :-)'

I suspect that the old saying 'if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all' may be coming into play here.
Old 20th July 2005, 10:29 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joensd
They are no good songs to me. No strenght at all.
No soul, no emotion. (If you donīt mean what youīre singing and/or canīt sing it with soul just leave the vocals)
The chosen samples/"instruments" are so bad I wonder you didnīt find anything better.

I thought stuff like that is only possible in germany.

Pop-music is popular music, isnīt it.
Is this really so popular?

who?
Chris Kimsey would be an example of world-known.(although no mastering engineer)

I think you listen to the wrong type of music to get your creativity going (is it Britney Spears, Bon Jovi?).
Listen to some soul and maybe one day you know what Iīm talking about. (Aretha Franklin; just to give YOU one example)

No, I donīt mean this personal and Iīm usually the diplomatic type.
Just couldnīt resist to say something.

That goes to show how friendly and diplomatic the forum really is.
Hi Jens

Thanks for the comments.

True it is that the forum is friendly and diplomatic. And the wonder of it all is that we all like different kinds of music.

To my comments. Britney Spears has sold (so far) 1.87 times more records than Aretha Franklin. This does NOT say ANYTHING about the quality of either of thems music. But it does say something about popularity.

I was the 4th. best selling artist in Denmark in 2001. Only Safri Duo and 2 TV-based acts, one of them the Danish Song Contest winner, sold more than I did.

So, yes, this happens also in Denmark, and I guess, everywhere else in the world.

I suggest you try to listen to Hang On a couple of more times, perhaps when its dark - statitically you're more succeptable to _(new) music at this time of day.
Even though the samples used are common, basic Roland JV1080 Samples and KORG M1 Clavia, these were chosen delibretly - cause this was the way I wanted it. You may dislike them - that is all up to you, and purely at your discretion. But nothing is coincedence, or lack of decisions. Everything in the song is as we (The producer and I) wanted it.

And double platinum for the Hang On Single, and Gold for the album isn't that bad I think. I mean - if so many peoble acutally paid money for the thing - it must have some value!

Still - very important - taste is individual, and so be it till the end of time!

Last, as originally wrote - please do check Björn Engelmanns CV - then you would know why I say world-famous.

The guy you mentioned I haven't heard of. Which songs did he work on?

Kindest Regards.

Hans-Henning, Denmark
Old 20th July 2005, 10:34 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by morbo

I suspect that the old saying 'if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all' may be coming into play here.

True! However - comments that are not positive are welcome, as long as they are not flame and other "low-level" kinds of statements - these kind of statements are of no use to anybody.

Regards

Freedom/Denmark
Old 20th July 2005, 10:49 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

To Jens...

Hi again. Googled to find Chris Kimsey, and found that he has, among others, produced Duran Duran. He must be a hot-shot in the business.

Funny you mentioning my inspiration. Martin Sandberg, or Max Martin which is hes alias used on records, is in fact the greatest inspirator to me.

He was the first non-american to win the US ASCAP award (songwriters Oscar). He was also the first to win it 3 times in a row - ever.

He has written, co written, produced, co-produced, and played strings and keys on more sold records than any other songwriter/producer on earth - including records with Britney Spears and Bon Jovi.

If you want, you can go check www.maratone.se to see what he has been working on. Click, producers/songwriters -> Max Martin -> Discography and see for yourself if there is a band or two you've heard of :-)

Kindest regards.

Hans-Henning, Denmark

Hide this!Advertise here!