Scott Joplin: need hints!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe Wilson Records (American audiophile label) had two volumes of ragtime, but I don't know how available they'd be where you are; you'd have to buy them used. Their recordings always sounded good, but I wouldn't be able to vouch for the performance, not having bought them.

Grey

Bernhard

You don't mention which format you are looking for. I had an excellent LP many years ago but unfortunately cannot remember the pianist or label. If you are looking for a CD, my ancient (10 year old) 'Gramophone' good CD guide lists the following:

RCA Victor Gold Seal GD87993, entitled 'Piano Works' and performed by Dick Hyman.

Geoff

Grey and Geoff,
thanksalot!
WilsonAudio and Dick Hyman. Good start.

Format: Did you really expect i limit myself to vinyl if it comes to music? Me music maniac? :)

I take every format , any format, hand-engraved left cut wooden discs, Edison cylinders, shellacs, even 15" transkiption disks, MD, vinyl, CD, tape, VCR. OK, making fun, tapes, DVD-a and SACD would be a pain, would have to have a buddy transfer them for me on CD or MD or whatever.

Geoff, do you still have the LP you mention in storage? i'll be patient, could you look it up for me?

Any further hints for Scott Joplin?

Joplin piano recordings

There are tons of these. Two I have that are pretty good are titled:

Scott Joplin (played by John Arpin)
Scott Joplin Piano Roles (of course, played originally by Joplin).

FYI, I play a lot of ragtime, and could dig up other CDs of relevance. Joplin has a lot of interesting contemporaries...

Norman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.