Rammstein - Flugrekorder nicht offnen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I never though I'd be buying a metal cd (hey, I'm over 50), but this is excellent......my faves are Reise, Reise, Amerika, and most of all Los, which sounds like Peter Gunn on amphetimines. Anyone around Sydney remember Sardine V? they had a very similar sound IIRC.
Very totalitarian sounding, although I don't understand a word of what they're singing about. Not for the faint of heart, but if you like it loud & VERY heavy, this is for you.
Pete McK

We're both old enough to know better....

:) you should have seen the look on the young sales-dudes face when I fronted up with the cd though... They don't understand that we were around when Deep Purple, Black Sabbath et al were inventing the genre.
Yeah, Briccolo - I thought they'd be good live, they only seem to tour Europe though.

Re: We're both old enough to know better....

PeteMcK said:
:) you should have seen the look on the young sales-dudes face when I fronted up with the cd though... They don't understand that we were around when Deep Purple, Black Sabbath et al were inventing the genre.
Yeah, Briccolo - I thought they'd be good live, they only seem to tour Europe though.

They are in tour right now, but everything is sold out :(
I'm not aware of a date outside europe, outside germany is already rare.

Theyr Live aus Berlin DVD is worth the money. Even if the song Buck Dich has been removed for some obvious reasons :D (but you can certainly find a live movie of buck dich somewhere on the internet, just to know what they are capable of. it's so funny to see this song live, and hear people around you ask "oh my god, is this a real one!!??")

In 1966 my parents though The Beatles represented the destruction of civilization as we know it. Now my mother asks why her grand kids don't listen to music like those "nice boys from Liverpool" anymore. Meanwhile, I discovered finally that my parents favorites, Sinatra, Benny Goodman, etc were pretty damn good.

With enough chronological distance enen Snoop Doggy Dog may start to sound like easy-listenin'.

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
I'm not sure how much age has to do with it. I'm 64 and listen to Emperor, Metallica, Tool, Megadeath, Sex Pistols, Ozzy, Motley Crue, Ratt, Van Halen, Alice In Chains, etc.

Of course that's not all I listen to . . .

well you're definitely the exception...:)

If you guys like intelligent/progressive metal check out Opeth

www.opeth.com

oh yeah... Rammstein is sehr kool!!!!

Guys,

Some off topic (as this is for Rammstein).

What about live performances by 'The Cure'???
It has been released here in Portugal a DVD with a concert in France a couple of years ago... Excelent audio recording.

But, nothing like be with them 3 times here in Portugal. This year, the sound was the best of all. Also the dinner and :drink: :drink: with them! Great night!

And if you have good speakers, with excellent bass response, the experience will be very sactisfying.

About Rammstein, I've listened and whatched a live DVD.

One word: GREAT!

To PeteMcK:
The age doesn't matter when we love MUSIC! Right??

Regards,

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I saw them live here in Minneapolis at First Avenue... an amazing show.

The music is German heavy metal. Good German heavy metal, and no, that's not an oxymoron. It makes complete sense in a kinda weird way.

If you like metal even a little bit and have the chance, don't pass on Rammstien.

Did i hear someone say Dimmu Borgir?

liked their old stuff better, and the same goes for rammstein i guess, but then i "grew past" those bands after a while..

if you want something that'l rip your ears off, try 1349 - Internal Winter
But if it's going to be rammstein, let yor ears have a taste of the first albume, the self-titled one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.