RIP Joe Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I moved to the Chicago, Illinois area many years ago to start my career, one thing I really enjoyed was the public radio station WBEZ ....

.... because I was exposed to (and got hooked on) a program that I just cannot describe by master storyteller Joe Frank.

I'm sure a few of you out there are familiar with his shows and will miss his voice and the fantastic, weird and wild narratives that were his trademark.

RIP Joe; thanks for the great stories!

Joe Frank, boundary-pushing storyteller whose medium was radio, dies at 79 - The Washington Post

mlloyd1

It's very depressing to me that his death has gone largely unnoticed in the major news media. He was a true giant of radio, and really, one of the most creative artists of any medium during his heyday. Do yourself a favor and give his work a listen if you haven't already.

And may the universe bless Michal Story, his widow. As far as I could see (and I followed the sad saga of his final illnesses over the past two years on his GoFundMe page and myself I've been researching into testicular cancer for official website ace writers) a more loving and caring partner a person couldn't ask for. He was very lucky to have had her with him, by his side, in life.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.