Name that song from a line or two of lyrics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
from my record collection

I actually found this song on my hard drive where much of my music resides. The WAV file is 16/44, so it came from a CD, not a record. I rip vinyl at 24/96.

Blue Oyster Cult

Not BOC.

I saw BOC back in the day they had a huge green gas laser and a roadie rode it like a mechanical bull while it was aimed into the crowd. Even the reflections were blinding, I can't imagine being in the direct beam.

There was only one of the submissions above that I guessed without help from the search engine and I listened to lots of this music religiously back then. This last clue was the toughest yet so here's some more hints. It comes from a well respected band of musicians in the Zappa, Beefheart and early prog rock genre. The band had critical acclaim but paltry commercial success. I cheated to get this information so I won't solve this one.

I don't recognize Kay's.

I don't either.

band of musicians in the Zappa, Beefheart and early prog rock genre

My guess would have been King Crimson, Caravan or early Genesis but I can't seem to connect with a particular song after listening to a few seconds of each or their songs on my hard drive.

Maybe Camel, Gentle Giant (neither has made it to my PC yet) Van der Graff or Renaissance (can't find the records).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.