Saddest songs

Hey, folks, please don't make posts that are nothing but a YouTube link, ok? At least put down a few words to describe what it is -- in this thread, that would be artist and title. YT is enough of a pain in the youknowwhat as it is, I suspect a lot of people are like me and won't click on just any unlabeled YT link out of curiousity about what it might be about!

Hey, folks, please don't make posts that are nothing but a YouTube link, ok? At least put down a few words to describe what it is -- in this thread, that would be artist and title. YT is enough of a pain in the youknowwhat as it is, I suspect a lot of people are like me and won't click on just any unlabeled YT link out of curiousity about what it might be about!

I present you my excuses.

The Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Daniel Barenboim. Gustav Mahler's Adagietto from his 5th Symphony in C sharp minor.

Easy: #1 Samuel Barber Adagio for Strings. -- probably the best melancholic classical work.

#2 Puccini, La Boheme "Quando m'en vo"

(and why are your hands so cold? "Che Gelida Manina")

#3 Schubert "Der Winterreise" -- jilted lover's life goes from bad to worse.

Don;t ya just love it when Pinkerton gives Cho-Cho San the heave-ho? I can live through the first two acts of the opera, but it takes too long for her to die in the third!

Last edited: