Ruined Songs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Years ago when I was in the Navy we had a guy who played the same
song everyday to the point that I even offered to buy the tape from him
just so I could throw it in the ocean and not have to listen to it again.
He declined, had I actually liked the song I would have paid more.

The song - Paradise by the dashboard light by Meatloaf

What was the song that you had ruined for you and how?

Two years of fixing 8 track tape players, and the only "test tape" the store gave me was the Doors LA Woman. Don't want to hear any of it again....ever. When you want the machine to eat the tape....it doesn't happen.

Back in the mid 70's Motorola put a (free play) juke box in the company cafeteria. It was there for several years but nobody ever changed the records in it. For some unknown reason two songs got played constantly. After a year or so, you would think people would tire of the same two clearly worn out records.....again I could do without Band on the Run and Smoke on the Water......I even quit thrashing out Smoke on my guitar.

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd , not through being over played etc but on a deeply personal level .
The album was playing one evening when i received a phone call telling me that my Father had passed away and just as i hung up the title track started.
It's always been one of my favourite Floyd tracks but i can't listen to it and enjoy it without feeling sad since then.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
All songs ever made, especially ones from the 1980s. But if I had to choose just one it would be the one that I've had to listen to the most would have to be AC/DC - Thunderstruck. But don't forget TNT! Or Jimmy Barnes - Working Class Man. Or Beds Are Burning.

Its the Australian national anthem. I live in Australia. Its a living hell.

I've been listening to music for 20 years, almost non stop, every waking hour I've been unemployed for most of my life and uneducated so I've had tons of spare time on my hands.

Though I still like classical music and industrial and a few very rare newly released pop music titles. I also listen to Grimes a lot now too and Amy Winehouse.

The reason being is that I've had access to digital audio cds and mp3s my entire life ever since I was a young teenager and I've listened to everything out there on repeat. I find it ironic that the most enjoyable songs to me now would have to be some of the weirdest sounding ones out there, because I clamour for originality and for difference from everything else I've ever heard before. Like a wounded animal crossing a desert in desperate search for a new watering hole.

Beware of the possibility of digital audio's convenience and ease of access to ruin music for you for all time. To me a DAC is a threat to my very sanity. I use a DAC now days to copy digital soundtracks onto cassette. The cassette tape limits my consumption of music, making it a far more enjoyable experience as I savor each one, rather than blast them constantly on repeat.

I purely pursue audio now for accurate playback of classical music and that of the reproduction of Grimes's awesome songs, and of the loud reproduction of a few industrial tracks that I still like.

I'm also liking the idea of collecting vinyl for the purpose of limiting my access to music and therefore restricting my ability to constantly replay music over and over again. But also to find old tracks for jazz, something I haven't heard before.

There is something to be said about the positive aspects of the inconvenience of vinyl and other analog mediums, it can limit the amount of times that you can replay a song to a point. If you don't want to get up to put a record on then that is one more step you must take before you play a track, so you are more likely to skip listening to it that day which then provides your mind the ability to recover and to 'desire' the track again. 9/10ths of enjoyment is anticipation!

If it were up to me music would be distributed only on self-destructing 3 foot wide fragile wax cylinders.

Music should be cherished like a precious gift from the gods in a once a month ritual, not beated out repeatedly on a daily basis.

Attachments

• 16-diyaudio.jpg
    16-diyaudio.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Bohemian Rhapsody?......pretty bad to begin with

This is the only song on this page that will cause me to immediately push the channel button on the car radio. Any song sung by Freddie Mercury or Robert Plant just hits an irritating note inside my seriously damaged hearing system. There are several female artists that trigger the same response, but some can be listened to at a low volume level.

Most anything by Sade, am I tone deaf or?

I don't know, maybe I am because I have a couple of her CD's and occasionally play them.

My Woman from Tokyo..

I haven't heard that one in so long I forgot about it. I don't have the urge to dig out the record and play it though.....not sure which one it's on, but I know I have it, along with all the early Purple albums.

Free bird+sweet home alabama

Where we live you have to expect these.....When the frackers came they got played almost daily. Now it's maybe once every two weeks. Oddly enough Pink Floyd gets quite a bit of airplay here, and the wall does get more than it's share.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.