Where can I get 320k mp3 files?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The majority of my music library is 256k mp3 files. I know I can rip the CD's I have using Windows Media Player and create 320k versions. But more than 1/2 of my music is purchased at Google Music, or Amazon Music, and are 256k. Is there any way I can get 320k versions of my mp3 files that are at 256k?

I'm not sure how they'll sound, but there are several file conversion programs that will convert them. Audacity and Creative Audio Converter are 2 that I've used many times.
There are also many more.

You may be able to convert them but you cannot put
back the information that was lost in the first conversion.

So it the 1st conversion is 256 that's the best it will be even if you re-encode it
to 320 it will still be at the quality of 256 Or even worse due to the re-encoding.

I have pretty much decided to just buy the CD and encode to
MP3 in those cases where I want the portability of an MP3.

I'm not sure how they'll sound, but there are several file conversion programs that will convert them. Audacity and Creative Audio Converter are 2 that I've used many times.
There are also many more.

I'm with HarryY, I used Windows Media Player (Under windows 10) to rip my CD's to FLAC. You can configure WMP to automatically start ripping when a CD is inserted. So you just have to sit there and keep feeding it CD's. But you don't even have to touch the program (WMP) once you start ripping disks. Very convenient! And fast! It only takes about 4 minutes to rip a CD.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.