Can someone in Germany help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

There are a couple of box sets of classical music cds on Amazon Germany whose sellers will not post to the UK, or my address in France.

I have a house in Alsace (where my kids go to school) and am only a short drive from Germany.

Is there a fellow classical music lover from that region, someone close to the French/German border, in Baden-Wurttemberg (examples are Breisach Im Breisgau, Endingen, Freiburg, and surrounding areas etc) who could maybe accept delivery of the cds and I will come and pick up when I am there next week?

Please pm if you can help.

Cheers
Rakesh

Hi Dieter, and S4m,

Thanks for offering to help. Hopefully something comes up and I can place the order today itself as there are very few of these available.

Regarding the ordering process, I will place the order using my Amazon account so it is all paid for and delivered to the address of whoever in Germany can help with this.

I do not mind waiting to get hold of the boxset themselves. Having said that I will be in Alsace from the 20th of June, and for a total period of 3 weeks although I may be travelling back and forth in that time.

Many thanks
Rakesh

Last edited:
Hi Dieter,

I have just placed the order for the Fritz Reiner Complete RCA (63cds) and it will be delivered to the address you gave me.

Thank you so much for the help. The boxset is OOP and I was fortunate to be able to buy it for what was a very decent price on Amazon marketplace.

Rakesh

Last edited:
I can offer St.Wendel sur Sarre or sometimes Boeblingen near Stuttgart

regard, Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

This is so very kind of you. St. Wendel sur Sarre is quite a remarkable location as we are considering moving right next door next year as we are hoping to put the children in the French German Lycee in Saarbrucken.

But Dieter has offered to help and as luck would have it his friend works just around the corner from our address in Alsace. I still cannot quite believe how fortunate this was and how many people offered to help with this.

It is no wonder I and my family have always loved Germany and its people so much, and we always seek the slightest excuse to spend time there.

Thanks again

Rakesh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.