May this be true?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
The campaign was very successful both critically and financially. Honda's UK domain saw more web traffic in the 24 hours after "Cog"'s television début than all but one UK automotive brand received during that entire month. The branded content attached to "Cog" through interactive television was accessed by over 250,000 people, and 10,000 people followed up with a request for a brochure for the Honda Accord or a DVD copy of the advertisement. The media reaction to the advertisement was equally effusive; The Independent's Peter York described it as creating "the water-cooler ad conversation of the year",[3] while Quentin Letts of The Daily Telegraph believed it was "certain to become an advertising legend".[2]
The high cost of 120-second slots in televised commercial breaks meant that the full version of "Cog" was broadcast only a handful of times, and only in the United Kingdom, Australia, and Sweden. Despite its limited run, it is regarded as one of the most groundbreaking[4][5] and influential commercials of the 2000s, and received more awards from the television and advertising industries than any commercial in history.

If I were Honda I would consider that worth every penny from the ad budget.

Pretty cool and intricate of a machine the vid in post #1 .. I was fully expecting to see more than a few marbles all over the floor unless they edited them out etc.. That's quite the puzzle of wood it's made out of! And some of us have a hard time just making a box out of wood lol.. Hats off to the builder!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.