how burn digital audio from mp3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, you want to put mp3's onto a cd so you can play them in the CD player right?

Okay, there are two software packages I know about and use.

These are NERO burning rom, and Easy CD Creator, NERO being nicer with easier use and more robust features for the newer CD burners.

First I must ask, do you have a CD burner in your computer, and if so, did it come with any software?

Please tell a bit about this and then I'll help you further based on what you have.

Most audio burner programs (feurio, nero etc) can burn WAV files into a normal CD format. They do not need converting with any tool/program.

However if the mp3s themselves arent great then the CD wont sound good either.

Cant really explain diferences etc here without it becoming long and complicated - search on google and youll find stuff.

CD music files are .wav files.
Most CD burning software will auto convert .mp3 files to .wav as long as the .mp3 file is of good quality and the file has the proper "header" encoded in the file.
Most, if not all portable .mp3 players strip the header from the file. This makes it impossible to burn the files to a standard CD unless you use software which can re-create the header (such as Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.