Help finding a track- with precious little to go on. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Y'all,

Years ago (2005-ish?), deep in the bowels of a listening room in Billerica, MA, I was introduced to a vocal jazz track with a prominent female vocalist. I have been searching for over 15 years to find out the name of the Artist or title of the song. I have to admit, I have very little to offer by way of clues... but, nonetheless... here goes...

It was a slow, somber tune, perhaps a piano and small jazz ensemble maybe? The only lyric I heard was "Ohio" (not to be confused with the anti-war anthem from Neil Young of the same name). I only remember that she had a long drawn out pause between the "O-" and the "-Hi-Oh". And it sort of fell in the progression as she sang it. This word, Ohio, had to have played a dominant role in the chorus, because she repeated it several times in the song.

It was a beautiful song. I thought I'd written it down somewhere but can't find it. I had hoped that it was one of the usual suspects, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I know... long shot... but.. any ideas?

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help.
Cody

Was it this listening room? If so I could probably get the track from the owner.

Attachments

• baslr.jpg
    baslr.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Might be "Ohio" (duh) by Over the Rhine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIcuS4YyBxQ

Chuck- YES- THAT'S IT!!! Thanks so much! I thought there wasn't a sno-ball's chance in the bad place that somebody would be able to figure it out. However, in just a few seconds of the opening lyrics I recognized it.

I didn't take any offense to the "Duh" part either- I know exactly what you meant. (Sort of like- "Imagine that!" :))

I searched and searched buy looking for "Ohio" you get a lot of the Neil Young anti-war song and several by the Ohio State Marching Band, but not this one.

Thanks again!

Cool, glad I could help. Again check out the rest of OTR's music. They're pretty prolific so there's lots to choose from. Tasty stuff...

Chuck- YES- THAT'S IT!!! Thanks so much! I thought there wasn't a sno-ball's chance in the bad place that somebody would be able to figure it out. However, in just a few seconds of the opening lyrics I recognized it.

I didn't take any offense to the "Duh" part either- I know exactly what you meant. (Sort of like- "Imagine that!" :))

I searched and searched buy looking for "Ohio" you get a lot of the Neil Young anti-war song and several by the Ohio State Marching Band, but not this one.

Thanks again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.