Linto sings sweetly after 45 years

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently was fortunate enough to pick up a Wharfedale Linton receiver for £25:00. Last night I hooked up a pair of Vector 10's to it, with lawnmower cable, as speaker wire.
With a small length of video wire and the winded spring from last years calendar, it hooked it up to two wall brackets, that were already located on the wall above the unit.
Listened to Beethoven's ninth Symphony on Classic FM and you know what? It sounded divine. Sometimes it's just about listening to the music ?

rox - for some of us, it's always about just listening to the music - some of my favorite time is Ken Wiley's "Art of Jazz" on KPLU.org Sunday afternoons

everything is from his personal collection that spans pretty much the entire history of the recorded art form - certainly some of the recordings are at least 2 decades older than I am (64 this year), and the playback quality would make a certified audiophile cringe, but there are times when the performances illuminate through the noise - early Louis Armstrong and Benny Goodman for example

I now have a second system for the study.
It is a Denon CD510-Wharfedale Linton-Yamaha KX330-Sony NX1's.
I have lawnmower cable as speaker wire and Roxbrough inter-connects.
Last night I recorded Mahler's Sympony 1 onto TDK Super Audio and the set up gave me sublime musical enjoyment.
Sometimes going back to budget kit makes you less critical and able to just enjoy the music.

I now have a second system for the study.
It is a Denon CD510-Wharfedale Linton-Yamaha KX330-Sony NX1's.
I have lawnmower cable as speaker wire and Roxbrough inter-connects.
Last night I recorded Mahler's Sympony 1 onto TDK Super Audio and the set up gave me sublime musical enjoyment.
Sometimes going back to budget kit makes you less critical and able to just enjoy the music.

Ditto the above, but with Mahler's Third Symphony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.