RUSH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I've heard it said that people either love Rush, or they hate Rush.

I disagree. Like the OP, I like some of their stuff. In fact, I love some of their stuff. A large portion of it, however, I just can't seem to get into, no matter how many times I try.

YYZ is one of my all time favourites. Talk about a tight group. All that from 3 guys. Impressive.

They might be someones gems somewhere. I cant find a rhythm anywhere in there. I had no way to sample the clip, my apologies. I figured since they took the time to add the cover it would be one of the better uploads.

There is a definite rhythm there, but I'd give this song a high "noise factor" rating.

Love rush to bits, but I can't get into the newer stuff.

I've been working on the guitar for Hemispheres for a couple of years...got about 90% of it now. :eguitar:

I've heard it said that people either love Rush, or they hate Rush.

I disagree. Like the OP, I like some of their stuff. In fact, I love some of their stuff. A large portion of it, however, I just can't seem to get into, no matter how many times I try.

YYZ is one of my all time favourites. Talk about a tight group. All that from 3 guys. Impressive.

Ill say I love it and hate it. Songs like Passage To Bangkok, Closer To the heart, Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions and a few others I think are great. As a kid on my birthday I was given the option to pick out a bunch of cassettes for one of my gifts. I remember getting pressed for time and ended up grabbing Hold your Fire not ever hearing it before. later I thought man, what a waste of a pick. I hated the whole thing, I gave it several chances but it wasnt happening.

Last edited:
I love RUSH and the one thing I love most about them is: THEY TOOK A STAND AND SAID THEY DIDNT LIKE THE SOUND!

Let me explain: In 1981 starting with thier MOVING PICTURES album they allowed it to be DIGITALLY MASTERED it and also the next album was DIGITALLY MASTERED (Signals)

RUSH LISTENEND CLOSELY TO SIGNALS AND SAW IT DIDNT SOUND GOOD!!!!! (Geez I wonder why) and I believe EVERY ALBUM AFTER SIGNALS is not digitally compromised!! (IN THE ANALOG DOMAIN (Records)) (Its sad those 2 are (Moving pictures IS THIER BEST ALBUM :())

I have GRACE UNDER PRESSURE (1984) and its amazing!!!!

I also have thier first 3 albums :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.