Good Vinyl Buys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://stores.ebay.com/Treasure-Finders-Online (I saw some good VHS stuff here @ the moment (This guy has various stuff))

This guy has some rather RARE stuff but man oh man,look at his prices!

www.stores.ebay.com/id=20576256

He knows people WILL PAY HIM THIS MUCH as they cant get this anywhere else..... Its sad but as the internet JUST REFLECTS REAL PEOPLE,you often see thier true nature!! (Im not saying some of this stuff IS NOT WORTH IT,it definetly is!!! (Anything analogue is gold))

Last edited:
Out of the blue a few months ago there was street market just down the road from where I live in France and unbelievably I bought 7 boxed sets of classical vinyl which had never been played and the oldest was from 1965 - they cost me €2 per box. Can you imagine finding top quality vinyl from the 60s' & 70s' - sometimes you have to get lucky.

Wow... Good for you!

I tell ya Black Stuart - THE TIME WAS JUST RIGHT ...... Thankfully this digital crap didnt come in and start ruining the beautiful purtiy of things until the 80s..... From the 70s and earlier SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC/MOVIES EVER MADE IT ONTO ANALOGUE MEDIA!!!!!!! -- It cant ever be replaced!!

Analogue is beautiful :)

Dude111,
I bought most of my classical LPs and a lot of jazz from car boot sales in the early 90s' back in the UK, the idiots were getting rid of their vinyl collections for superior CD :D. To be fair a lot of the criticism of CD is because very few explored the real effect of i/cs on the sound - air cored i/cs make a huge difference.

For me part of the pleasure is the sometimes incredible artwork and especially the doubl;e sleeved ones, a friend of mine used to live next door to the guy who did all the Yes LPs.

It's also true to say that the record companies mainly treated non classical buyers with contempt, saving the premium vinyl for their classical range, which always had copious liner notes, decent inner sleeves.

How many times did you have to take back LPs that were warped beyond belief, had great chunks of vinyl left on the surface and whose jackets used to come unglued.

If only I could go back in time and buy some of my favourite LPs again - if only.

^ ^ ^
That would depend ........
At least in my area, the SA and thrift stores have long been picked through and there is basically only garbage left.
However, I did find some real gems in those places in the recent past..

Unfortunately, older real audiophiles from the '70s who really took care of their vinyl are starting to die/getting too old ......and most of their families no longer want their vinyl collections.
However it seems that many have wised up to old vinyl values and now either personally sell them on E-bay or sell the vinyl lot to someone who will.
I have found many classic NM gems on E-bay for some very reasonable prices and found that most rate their vinyl conservatively.

Last edited:
Yes I know.......Its sad Joe.......... People willingly accept trash and think its better!! (Digital over analog) -- Its really quite sad...... Nothing PURE left in the world and the puppets dont even care :( (Granted they were conditioned to be this way but still......)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.