Frank Sinatra

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How many Frank Sinatra albums do ya have??

I have 14 (All in mono)

1) Thats life
2) I remember Tommy
3) Strangers in the night
4) Come fly with me
5) September of my years
6) Swing Easy
7) Songs for swinging lovers
8) That old feeling
9) This is sinatra (Volume 2)
10) Frank Sinatra All the way
11) Where are you
12) Strangers in the night
13) A swingin' affair
14) Moonlight Sinatra

I have loved Frank along time now :)

Last edited:
I think most where actually recorded in stereo and released in both mono and stereo, of course stereo LPs cost a little more at the time ~early 60's and beyond.
AFAIK most recordings I have were remixed in the late 80's from the master tapes. I find most used 60's records are pretty unlistenable , I guess its true some early stereo recording on LP's were gimmicky esp. pop music Beatles etc , but to me they have a certain charm too as that's the way it was back then. original recording to remixed recording on differing labels it all depends what you find.

Last edited:
Only these three. Two CDs and a Mobile Fidelity ½ speed master disc.

Attachments

• classic.jpg
    classic.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 109
  • romantic.jpg
    romantic.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 110
  • easy.jpg
    easy.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 110
I forgot one. CD of Frank Sinatra Greatist Hits Vol. 1. This is a Japanese pressing with excellent sound. However if played on a computer the allocation table (and picture) shows up as "Come Dance With Me". Weird! The tunes listed on the back is what you hear.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 98
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 92
  • come dance.jpg
    come dance.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Chalk me up in the "I don't get it" column. Wee Small Hours of the Morning does nothing for me; in fact, I find it trite and, at the same time, patronizing. I'll take Nina Simone instead please.

+1, I grew up in the late 50's, early 60's when my mom was still a big Frank fan, and listening to some of her still playable vinyl as recently as 4 or 5 yrs ago I was struck by the stupendous backing musicians, but underwhelmed by his tired and almost ironic vocals. You could almost hear him thinking - "when do I get outta here, suckers, and where's the booze and babes?"

All his emotion felt cynically contrived, something that I don't think could be said for Nina, Julie London, or the tragic Billie.

You could almost hear him thinking - "when do I get outta here, suckers, and where's the booze and babes?"

I have a friend who was a voice coach and accompanist to some of the operatic singers here in NYC -- he said that Sinatra was one of the only people able to sing a consonant.

We were fortunate to have had a radio show in NY which focused on Sinatra so a lot of the stuff which was going on during the recording sessions was put out into the public domain. Sinatra was nothing if not a perfectionist. (The show now streams on the WNYC website: Jonathan Schwartz: About - WNYC)

I do agree and what i have seen and read about Sinatra amounts to about the same. Jr even stated that one of the main reasons for working with Sr was he (Sr) could not work with the those around him in the 80's and wanted someone more critical more professional at what he wanted. The same could be said for Sammy and Dean , professionals by day drunkards by night ...

:p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.