Drum'n'bass? Know anything GOOD? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2014, 02:09 AM   #31
Account disabled at member's request

jesus, do you guys listens to your recommendations or you just recommend "stuff ive liked 10 eayrs ago".

my ultimate top 3 of electronica is

kettel
aphex twin
wisp

start there, this is as good as it gets

cheers
Old 4th March 2014, 05:27 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphythecat8 View Post
jesus, do you guys listens to your recommendations or you just recommend "stuff ive liked 10 eayrs ago".

my ultimate top 3 of electronica is

kettel
aphex twin
wisp

start there, this is as good as it gets

cheers
I'd consider released in 2013 new. Though I did throw some old tracks in my recommendation. Frankly, I listen to a wide range of stuff. Old and new.

The OP asked about DnB not electronic in general. If the topic is electronic, my lists get MUCH MUCH MUCH longer.
Old 5th March 2014, 06:31 PM   #33

I wasnt talking necessarly about your list but your list is a dubstep list mostly.

aphex twin, wisp and kettel are artist that definitely makes some kind of drum n bass in the past or even today

I dont want to be an ****, but besides jon hopkins remix, your list is kinda poor musically for me, I wouldnt recommend that to anyone, but thats just me
Old 5th March 2014, 11:11 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphythecat8 View Post
I wasnt talking necessarly about your list but your list is a dubstep list mostly.

aphex twin, wisp and kettel are artist that definitely makes some kind of drum n bass in the past or even today

I dont want to be an ****, but besides jon hopkins remix, your list is kinda poor musically for me, I wouldnt recommend that to anyone, but thats just me
By recommending Aphex Twin, Wisp and Kettle you clearly don't know what Drum n Bass is. NONE of those are drum n bass in general. Aphex Twin (with songs like Digeridoo, is the closest) They are Glitch, Experimental, Downtempo, etc. Drum N Bass and dubstep are close relatives genre wise. That being said none of what I listed has ever been considered dubstep (except for the few noted exceptions). I grew up listening to drum n bass from the jungle era on. What you listed is just not it, not that its bad. I like all three of the artists your recommended. Its NOT drum n bass.
Old 5th March 2014, 11:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
By recommending Aphex Twin, Wisp and Kettle you clearly don't know what Drum n Bass is. NONE of those are drum n bass in general. Aphex Twin (with songs like Digeridoo, is the closest) They are Glitch, Experimental, Downtempo, etc. Drum N Bass and dubstep are close relatives genre wise. That being said none of what I listed has ever been considered dubstep (except for the few noted exceptions). I grew up listening to drum n bass from the jungle era on. What you listed is just not it, not that its bad. I like all three of the artists your recommended. Its NOT drum n bass.
hmmm, they all integrate drum n bass in there music. To say that aphex twin is not aphex twin is only partially true but I understand what you mean, I guess that those artist I have cited is more idm then dnb, but gosh do I find dnb boring.

my favorite is photek probably.

I dont see how dubstep is more related to dnb then idm.

most of your recommendation artist are what I consider as dubstep though

Last edited by murphythecat8; 5th March 2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 14th March 2014, 07:01 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Hahahah!

Was waiting for something like this. I want new d'n'b, so any and all heads up are gratefully accepted. However, I have not actually purchased any of the recommendations posted in this thread, other than what I have discovered myself, everything has been thoroughly validated and checked out for sure, keeping tabs on some for evaluating future releases, this is about expanding my music collection after all. But no purchases so far, either I own it or I don't like it enough.

Now.

Just purchased today:

Single: Run Pon Dem/Step Up
DJ Hybrid - Run Pon Dem
Faul - Step Up

Also purchased for the first time in my life a single tune from a sampler album:
Blazing Faya Riddim The Jungle Remixes 2014 track #07
Jahmind - Dash Wey (Faul remix)

I would pay VERY good money for this tune:
https://soundcloud.com/110sound/110-bourgeois-concept
It's not available anywhere!

Hide this!Advertise here!