Rare,deleted LPs to be pressed on demand! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2013, 04:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Universal says YOU can choose the reissues!!

Quote:
We're currently developing a crowd-funded vinyl service that makes use of Universal Music's extensive catalogue to offer sought-after deleted records to be re-pressed in this great format. Funders will become owners of limited edition rare records
SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT??

Maybe not..... Today everything is about MONEY not quality! (THE STUFF THEY DO WILL MOST LIKELY BE DIGITAL CRAP RECORDED TO THE RECORD!!)

I wouldnt pay 2 cents for that garbage UNLESS I KNEW FOR SURE IT WAS PURE ANALOGUE!!!! (Like my beatles records )

Here is the signup page: http://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/vvreg/6965-287568

There is no way to send them comments unfortunetly!!! (I would tell them my feelings on this: I HEAR ENOUGH DIGITAL CRAP ONLINE AND ON THE RADIO... WHEN I GET RECORDS,I WANT BETTER ANALOGUE SOUND!)
Old 10th July 2013, 06:01 PM   #2
JoeDJ is offline JoeDJ  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, it does seem it's just a way to cash in on a growing market by simply transferring digital copies or, perhaps cassette tapes onto vinyl..
After, all they do not have access to the master tapes.

Last edited by JoeDJ; 10th July 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10th July 2013, 09:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Exactly!!!

I found an email address for them and emailed them my questions about this... THEY DIDNT REPLY!!!!! (I think it says it all)

Hide this!Advertise here!