What music did you last buy?

"Ainlyukeru" by Salyu. First press limited edition pre release (2/26/14) from yesasia.com

Attachments

• salyu.jpg
    salyu.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 106
JoeDJ said:
"Year Of The Cat" is indeed excellent and is currently one of my favorite albums.
Yes and I just noticed it is also a masterdisc! (Obviously not the first press of the album (The barcode on the jacket told me that when I first got it))

Still it sounds outstandingly good! (Most masterdiscs do (Especially if they are done by Mr. Ludwig))

Yes and I just noticed it is also a masterdisc! (Obviously not the first press of the album (The barcode on the jacket told me that when I first got it))

Still it sounds outstandingly good! (Most masterdiscs do (Especially if they are done by Mr. Ludwig))

Mine is the original '76 Janus pressing.
I got it recently and both vinly and cover are NM..... ..sounds amazing.:)

@ Salvation army alot of tapes came in today and I got 3!

1) Madonna - No name on it (Must be her first album)
2) In Excess - Kick
3) The Best of Kansas

I was quite sad to read in the details of this tape this about the first and last songs (THIER BEST OF ALL OF THEM)

"Remixed for this album using the dbx digital audio processor"

Both of those songs SOUNDED LIKE CRAP compared to the rest of the cassette!! (Carry on Wayward son and The Wall)

I was PISSED that they would COMPROMISE THIER MUSIC like that!!

I recorded BLANKNESS over both songs.... (Now there is a gap @ the start of side 1 and @ the end of side 2) -- TWO BEAUTIFUL SONGS RUINED BY THAT TRASH!!

If I can find both songs seperate,I will record them back onto the tape.. I dont wanna hear those songs compromised like that!! -- IDIOTS..

I also got PINK FLOYD - THE WALL on VHS! (An original release (Before they digitally compromised it)) That was quite good!!

I got 3 records on Monday :)

1) Kansas - Point of Know Return (1977) -- Doesnt sound too good. On the album it says "This album was aphex processed" -- I looked up "Aphex processing" and discovered what it is.... DOESNT MAKE IT SOUND BETTER IN MY OPINION!! (The cassette I have "The best of Kansas" sounds better!!)

I probably wont keep it...... (Its sad,people do stupid things to try and make stuff SOUND BETTER but in reality it makes it worse!!)

I hope they didnt mess up thier 1975 album like this (The one with "CARRY ON WAYWARD SON") Im still trying to find this one!!

2) Heart - Bebe Le Strange (1980)

3) Paul Simons Greatest Hits

I also got a 45!

Steely Dan - Only a fool/Reeling in the years (I have this song on my STEELY DAN 'GREATEST HITS' collection (2 record set))

First time I have heard ONLY A FOOL -- I like it!!

Shakira - Live & Off The Record. CD plus DVD of concert and documentary. (She's sooo hot!)

Cibo Matto - Hotel Valentine. New songs from Miho & Yuka back together again with the usual beats, samples & strange lyrics.

Fiona Apple - Sweet Angel. A rare bootleg of a live preformance disguised as a "not for sale" promo on a real silver pressed disc. But it's an audience recording with poor sound quality, although still collectable.

Attachments

• Shakira.jpg
    Shakira.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 117
  • cibo.jpg
    cibo.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 119
  • fiona.jpg
    fiona.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I got 4 records on saturday :)

1) Frank Sinatra - Where are you (This one is in mono)
2) Conway Twitty - Hello darlin'
3) Conway Twitty - You've never been this far before
4) A 45: The beatles - I saw her standing there/I wanna hold your hand (I also have this album (Thier first album (THE LEVELS ARE HIGH ON THE 45 AND IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!)))

Went to the local mall today.......
The FYE (for your entertainment) store has a large selection of used vinyl for $2.99 each. They are sealed so it's "pot luck" but, they are usually very good..

Anyway.......Today I got 2 records ........
1) Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
2) Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates

Both were in great shape with no scratches with great sound
However they had some pops/ ticks and needed a good cleaning

So a good washing was in order and now they sound great

BTW the label savers are working out great . :).
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/250342-vinyl-label-savers-6-a.htm

Last edited: