What music did you last buy?

JoeDJ said:
The strange thing about the Mott album is it has a CBS label on it...... the orange one with one big "eye" in the center.........not the Colombia label as it was released in the states
Ya mine is the red columbia label.. (KC 32425)

That and my other MOTT album (All the young dudes)

Both sound quite good!! (I wonder if the red label WAS THE FIRST PRESSING OF THESE?? (No barcodes on the jackets))

After doing some more research, it does indeed seem like an early UK pressing that somehow ended up in the states.

I do know that the red Columbia label were the early US pressings as I got both the "Mott" and the "Hoople " albums when first released.

Anyway, I just ordered a NM early copy of the Columbia label "Hoople" LP via e-bay.

BTW, I saw Mott live back in the '70S. :)

Last edited:
Pure Heart - Hiroko Kokubu - Smooth piano jazz

Lighthouse - Salyu - Female vocal

Attachments

• HK.jpg
    HK.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 73
  • salyu.jpg
    salyu.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 65
Joined 2007
Paid Member
A bit of a list....

I bought a DVD of Steven Wilson's The Raven That Refused to Sing (amazing album in any form), Moby 18 (wanted Extreme Ways from The
Borne Identity) and Baron von Tollbooth & the Chrome Nun on vinyl (meh) but it had an interesting cover and I bought it based on the
musicians (alums from Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead and the Pointer Sisters).

Also some Seals and Crofts and Carey Simon on vinyl as well as a vinyl re-release of Yes' Tales From Topographic Oceans (I'm gonna leave that sealed) It
was a fun shopping day.

Matt

Just got 2 vinyls

The first is an as close to mint as you can get, OP copy of "Rickie Lee Jones - Girl At her Volcano".
This is a very well recorded, 1982 release 10 inch LP that has a great mix of live and studio tracks.

The second one is an OP copy of "Iron Butterfly -In-a Gadda-Da-Vida "
Yes, side one contains mostly throw away tracks, but, side two is a rock classic!
I would rate the vinyl and sleeve as VG++ .

BTW, you still hear/see some discussing just what In-a Gadda-Da-Vida actually means. It's about as funny as some discussing the origin of the term "Heavy Metal"..... LOL :D

Last edited:
Just got 3 more vinyls

1) A NM original and only pressing of "Blue Angel - Blue Angel". This the NY retro rock band that Cyndi Lauper fronted before going solo and they only released one album.
I also have CD of it but. the vinyl is so much better.
Being a Cyndy Lauper fan, it's a real find for me. :).

2) A NM OP of "Kansas - Song For America"

3) A (free) copy of " Tchaikovsky 5th symphony - The London Philharmonic Orchestra".
This need a through cleaning (and the sleeve's both seams are split) but now it sounds pretty darn good .

My NEWs (Febr.1st 2014).

1. Aspect of Love ==== Andrew Lloyd Webber, double album, (P) 1989
2.JOSEPH and the AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
=== Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber / Lyrics by Tim Rice (Scepter Records)
3. VIVALDI LOS ROMEROS Concerts for 1,2 and 4 Guitars (Philips) Holland
4. W.A.Mozart Kronungmesse
Orchestre Lamoureux Paris Cond. Igor Markevitch
Radio Symphonie Orchester Berlin Cond. Ferenc Fricsay (Polydor), (P) 1962
5. Cl.Debussy Images for Orch.
Le Martyre de Saint Sebastien
London Symphony Orchestra Cond. Pierre Monteux (Philips), Holland