Artist who sings " Freedom"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Artist who sings " Freedom"

Hi: I've been racking my brain trying to find out who is the female artist that sings the song "Freedom" on the demo cd that is included with the Shanling CD-T100 player. I've contacted both US and Canadian distributers, as well as the factory (!), with no luck. Also a search on google was not productive.

The song has these lyrics as it's start...." we build walls when we oughta be building bridges..". The lead is a female, with a choir coming in later in the song. Also, there is some percussion as background.

Thanks for any leads.

slope

Hah! - I have never opened the CD, must have had it four years.

I'll try and find it and bung it in the computer, see what comes up. If it is Chinese there may not be anything, a lot of my Chinese and Japanese CDs just have either Chinese text or nothing at all.

I had completely forgotten this.
Just opened the CD and the CD database comes up with zilch (not unusual for Chinese CDs)

Is it this, though?

Perhaps you have a different Shanling CD.
Mine has:
1) The Butterfly Lovers (25:43)

2) The Yellow River
i) The Song Of The Yellow River Boatmen (3:31)
ii) Ode To The Yellow River (4:20)
iii) The Yellow River In Wrath (6:50)
iv) Defend The Yellow River (6:34)

3) Poem Of Dram (10:06)

4) Poem Of Dram (10:06)

Currently playing the Butterfly Lovers which sounds very un-Chinese. Sounds almost Aaron Copeland-ish, with a bit of Gerswin-ness thrown in for good measure.
I have this by XueFei Yang and it is completely different.

As is The Yellow River section.
Rather boring, I'm afraid.

Except "The Poem Of Dram" which is pretty spectacular. For this alone I'm pleased I opened the CD. Why two identical tracks I don't know, unless one is HD.
It is Chinese drumming (bit like the Kodo drummers but more so).

Since posting the above I have been able to use my system - a rare occurrence these days as my son works nights and sleeps 'til 10pm and my grandson goes to bed at eight and I'm at work all day.

I put that CD in the Shanling and put the Electrocompaniet amp at about 1/2 volume.

The quiet bits were almost occluded by my grandson splashing about in the bath across the hall. The loud bits shook the floor and rattled the windows! Tremendous dynamic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.