Keith Jarret similar to Koln concert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
excuse me , this is obvious but i need suggestion friom who know lascala e the koln concert and ca n suggest me a similar melodyc album., maybe a live or a concert, i have do not idea burt i have listened some allbums of jarret and i don 't like so mutch,
ù
thanks,by

"Concerts" (Recorded in Bregenz) "Bremen / Lausanne"
With "Sun Bear Concerts" these recordings are very close to the Köln Concert, which was regarded as a fiasco by Jarrett.: Played on a mistuned piano, after 36 hours without sleep because of stress (he and Eicher did th tour in a car) and pain in the back.
Also the concert started late at 23:30 at opera Köln.
Jarret told his biograper Ian Carr, he because of insomnia, he was in a trance - like state (but still aware which chords to avoid on the mistuned piano...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Köln_Concert

The Köln Concert is only a fragment.
When you are interested in his trio / quartet works, those albums are good introduction:

"Eyes of the Heart"
"Sleeper"
"Still Live"
"Changes"
"Changeless"

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have a ton of Jarrett music and a I'm a huge fan.. Seen him live many times and collected most of his works including a live 3 DVD concert that I had to order form Japan..

Jarrett is a true creator and Koln is a unique performance. All of his music has its own special quality and direction

I think he stated somewhere his music is:
"Creativity Through Negativity" meaning He thinks about everything he has heard before and goes in the other direction..

If you want more music that has a similar sound to koln then maybe look for an album by another artist that did something along the same line..

Joined 2003
Paid Member
If you can recommend someone, I'm listening.

Thanks!

Well, Maybe I trapped myself. Trying to think of some ParticuLar piano Recordings by others and Cant nail it down..It's hard to compete with jarrett but I love Bill evans Too.

Others mentioned sun Bear and I feel the same.He came up with some catchy phrasing throughout the 10lp's..

I think you would like "Standards Volume 1" for Melody

"Always Let me go" for adventurous but always interesting..

Off Topic: For amazing Acoustic Guitar performance check out "Friday Night In San francisco" by "Al Di Meola/John Mclaughlin/ Paco De Lucia.".

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Monk: Complete 5 spot Live
Complete Live at the it Club
Monks Dream

Patricia Barber: Everything

Amad Jamal - The Awakening

I'd have to look album specific Albums in my collection but these guys are great
Art tatum
Chic Corea
McCoy Tyner
Herbie Hancock

I also like Lyle Mays style in Pat Metheny Group..

inertial, I'm curious about some of your design work.. I'll send PM, thanks

Check out the "Concert in Paris", this is my favourite besides the Köln concert (No. 1) and "Still live" and "Eyes of heart". Also interesting is the "Spirits" from Jarrett, although not piano ;) kind of meditative experiment.
I have the honour of having being there at two Budapest concerts, on one he played Bartok's "Children songs" and nothing else...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.