Classic hardcore music - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2012, 01:41 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Well, that was KMFDM. I am not sure what to say. Like a knife with no edge. It does not sound like anyone in the band have had a rough enough time to actually let it soak through and influence the music.

I have tons of music like that KMFDM stuff, you may call it hardcore if you have to place it into a genre, but it sounds like a spoiled pampered kid trying to act rough..
I actually reach a point of saturation with KMFDM, beyond KMFDM and I don't enjoy it, I suppose your tolerance is higher. I went on a huge bender with this kind of music a few years ago, after that I couldn't listen to it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SsFG8Pgf5k

Look up "Va - Darkcore 1 - The Freaky **** To Poison Your Mind With"
"Va - Darkcore 2 - The Darkside of the Underground"
"Va - Darkcore 3 - Embrace The Madness"
"Va - Darkcore 4 - The Fusion Of Underground Forces"
"Va - Darkcore 5 - Underground Nutricion For The Paranoid Souls"
"Va - Darkcore 7 - Including Mix by Radium"

And others, do you have those?

Quote:
Edit:
Know an artist with violence issues? With mental problems? Someone enjoying true fear? Any one person who hides away in a dark cellar refusing to meet people and thrives upon filth, grinning in the darkness alone? Just to make a point or example rather, these are likely candidates for making hardcore music.
Maybe what you're looking for isn't hardcore its darkcore.

And yes from your perspective I can see why you would think KMFDM is a spoiled pampered kid trying to act rough but thats exactly their method, and they are a very mature band that I've been following since the mid-90s but they go back even further than that.

Maybe you should've added "seasoned old goat music" to the description instead of just hardcore..

Last edited by freax; 13th November 2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 13th November 2012, 07:26 AM   #12
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

infected mushroom more the later stuff like 'Legend of the black Shawarma', possibly a bit more polished than you have in mind, but worth a listen
nailbomb
various Japanese noise music
Godflesh just in case you havent heard of this seminal group already

i'll dig up some more of my past for you =) might be a bit of fun given my new much more powerful equipment these days
Old 13th November 2012, 08:35 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Converter - Conqueror - YouTube
Converter - Coma - YouTube

Also check out Converter - Cannibals (Not available on youtube)

Last edited by freax; 13th November 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 13th November 2012, 10:58 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
Maybe you should've added "seasoned old goat music" to the description instead of just hardcore..
Hahahah! Sometimes I suspect I was born "seasoned old goat" :-D

I am not so sure about darkcore, those guys usually focus explicitly on distortion. The music itself is usually devoid of any emotion, drum patterns are very simple and have very little aggression. If you take away distortion from darkcore you are left with the backdrop of modern day commercial trance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
... Infected Mushroom ...
...Nailbomb ...
various Japanese noise music
... Godflesh...

i'll dig up some more of my past for you =) might be a bit of fun given my new much more powerful equipment these days
Thank you. If we're talking Infected Mushroom I'd possibly refer to "Dracul", "Classical Mushroom" and the Skazi interpretation of "I wish" is just enough twisted to change the original meaning. Those have more feeling, a lot of the other stuff is too clean or they focus more on the technique they are using than the music.
Nailbomb, focus on depression.
Godflesh, getting there, lacks feeling.

Try this at some volume, tell me what you think. Just a mood setter really.
KaffiMann - Lurking Evil by KaffiMann on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax View Post
Converter - Conqueror - YouTube
Converter - Coma - YouTube

Also check out Converter - Cannibals (Not available on youtube)
Very interesting.
Industrial, but interesting.

Edit:
I guess the point of this thread is actually finding hardcore music, which is proving difficult it seems.

Edit2:
I would possibly suggest
Rammstein - Engel
As being hardcore, it feels a bit cliché to recommend Rammstein since they are so popular. But popularity is not a subject in this thread.

Last edited by KaffiMann; 13th November 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 16th November 2012, 02:48 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Edit2:
I would possibly suggest
Rammstein - Engel
As being hardcore, it feels a bit cliché to recommend Rammstein since they are so popular. But popularity is not a subject in this thread.
Indeed, feeling ashamed of something is immature. I do consider Rammstein to be pretty awesome.

Have you heard Björk - Army Of Me - YouTube

I suppose you have by now.

Last edited by freax; 16th November 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 16th November 2012, 03:00 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Here the term hardcore is associated with punk rock.

List of hardcore punk bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Know an artist with violence issues? With mental problems? Someone enjoying true fear? Any one person who hides away in a dark cellar refusing to meet people and thrives upon filth, grinning in the darkness alone? Just to make a point or example rather, these are likely candidates for making hardcore music.
Youtube up some G G Allin, don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 16th November 2012, 05:53 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

love Rammstein (Riese Riese), who cares if it was popular.

indeed, I was just about to move to that territory, Black Flag, Big Black (primarily the 'songs about f%cking'), Devo =), Bad Brains, Suicidal Tendencies for a bit of Skater Punk, Dead Kennedies, Ruffneck, Husker Du, The Jon Spenser Blues Explosion, some Daft Punk, early Killing Joke, Ministry (the mind is a terrible thing to taste, the land of rape and honey, or Filth Pig), Lard, Revolting c0cks, Skinny Puppy, Fudge Tunnel, Mudhoney, Mudvayne, MotorHead, hmm Primus (bit too funky for what you have in mind) very Early Sonic Youth, Carcass, Atari Teenage Riot, Pop Will Eat Itself

Seasoned old Goat is right =P

Last edited by qusp; 16th November 2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 16th November 2012, 06:14 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

i'll check out your recording when I can give the volume a nudge, its 4AM here
Old 19th November 2012, 12:54 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Do note that it is just meant as an adjustment of sorts, to set your mind to such a state that you want to listen to darker/harder music. Works for me and some friends, but I am curious about what others think. Not concerned about the quality, it's not a great tune or anything.

Edit:
It's not that I'm embarassed/ashamed about liking Rammstein. It's more that I do not like recommending popular music. There are so many great artists out there that deserve more attention than the few popular ones.

Last edited by KaffiMann; 19th November 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!