diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Music (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/)
-   -   Help identify a country song (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/210101-help-identify-country-song.html)

xeclipse 3rd April 2012 08:31 PM

Help identify a country song

Hi,
I know many people here don't consider country music as 'real music' but if there are a few, I hope they can help me identify this song:
"with a smile she said yes it was love right there in Memphis Tennessee,where it was meant to be.......I could never have known that day,she was bound to come my way......."
I heard it on 'Upcountry', a World space radio channel about 10 years ago. Its stuck in my head but I can't find it on the internet. I've tried google but all I get is 'walking in Memphis' and 'maybe it was Memphis'.
Regards, Xeclipse.

sofaspud 3rd April 2012 09:25 PM

Try this page. Seems you aren't alone in wondering about that song.

c2cthomas 4th April 2012 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sofaspud (Post 2971669)
Try this page. Seems you aren't alone in wondering about that song.

Good one Sofaspud!!!!!

Xeclipse - there are some here that do have an appreciation for County and Western music - and I am one of them. I'm not sure where the other one has gone off to though........:rolleyes:

"Memphis" by David Nail - YouTube

SY 4th April 2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c2cthomas (Post 2971821)
Xeclipse - there are some here that do have an appreciation for County and Western music - and I am one of them. I'm not sure where the other one has gone off to though...

Right here!

Robert Ellis - Austin House Concert 7 - YouTube (recorded at my house)

sofaspud 4th April 2012 12:50 AM

You guys crack me up.
Maybe not a coincidence that Nashville and Austin raise their hands...:)
There's just too much good music there (in C&W) to ignore it, or to let prejudice deafen.

c2cthomas 4th April 2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 2971841)
Right here!

Robert Ellis - Austin House Concert 7 - YouTube (recorded at my house)

Hi Sy!!!

Whoa!!! That should be "Howdy" Sy............ ;)

Hey Sofaspud - you should at least have some pretty good Western Music down there in San An-tone. I learned my square dancing licks back in the 3rd grade up in Amarillo - and how to drink down long necks up in Wichita Falls. If SWMBO hadn't locked me up in the trunk of the car when we moved outta Sacramento I'd be bugging Sy over in Austin. Man-o-Man - I dooooooooo love Austin!!!

SY 4th April 2012 12:57 AM

I haven't started saying "all y'all" yet. :D

c2cthomas 4th April 2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 2971864)
I haven't started saying "all y'all" yet. :D

Y'all need a jaw fulla Red Man fer it ta sound right. I never did cultivate a taste for that stuff tho.... :cool:

SY 4th April 2012 01:06 AM

They don't do much of that in Austin. Mostly, they play guitar, drink microbrews, and smoke dope.

JoeDJ 4th April 2012 01:09 AM

If I may.... first, one has to define "country" music.

Just because it come out of Nshville does not necessarily mean it's country music.
In fact, most of what comes out of Nashville I do not care for as it has little
to do with traditional county music IMO.

However, there is some country that I like, Artists like Iris DeMent, Nanci Griffith, John Prine, johnny Cash are examples.
I also love bluegrass.

Does one also have to like all rock simply because it is clasified as rock?