Drum CD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm after a recording that emphasizes and/or possibly only has drums of all types. I'd like a recording that is very beaty, uses various drums, and most of all is extremely dynamic. Does anything exist? I need kick drum that'll pop cones and snare drum that'll clip amplifiers, all while giving hi-fidelity for demo/testing purposes.

If I can sample/purchase it on iTunes, all the better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Check out Kando. They are a traditional Japanese drum group. I've been fortunate enough to see them perform, and they are quite amazing. They use every sort and sized drum imaginable, some of which are simply gigantic. Amazon carries some of their cds, and has some reviews as well which should help. Might look at their website as well. Just google Kodo and you will find all you need.

IF you get the Sheffield Lab Kodo cd you might want to exercise some caution on first listen. The big drum is not always playing and that could lull you into a false sense of security!
On small speakers it is almost inaudible, you'll just see the midwoofer flapping helplessly.

The chaps from Burundi are pretty much in your face straight away though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.