diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Music (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/)
-   -   New Music Service (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/206676-new-music-service.html)

DaveCan 13th February 2012 11:20 PM

New Music Service

CBC just launched a free digital music service for any and all that may be interested.. I haven't really checked it out yet myself as of this post as I just heard about it..

Cheers!

CBC Music :cool:

GloBug 13th February 2012 11:36 PM

I was just about to start with my typical CBC bashing, despising being forced to listen to unknown Canadian artists, demanding my tax dollars back...

...then I came across Lamb of God playing on there.

Seems to have some merit after all. Thanks for the tip! It seems they have only pissed away 95% of the budget this year.

Let them be warned, I heard on Nickleback song already, 3 strikes your out. Canadians LOATH Nickleback, and any of the other ********* who want to ride on Eddie Vedders coattails.

I hate Nickleback, I wish the touring bus would drive into a rock-cut. :)

vinylkid58 13th February 2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloBug (Post 2905376)
Let them be warned, I heard on Nickleback song already, 3 strikes your out. Canadians LOATH Nickleback, and any of the other ********* who want to ride on Eddie Vedders coattails.

I hate Eddie Vedder too, so who's number 3?

BTW, thanks DaveCan. I've been listening to the Radio 2 jazz feed for years, but it's not very stable. Maybe this new feed will be an improvement.

jeff

DaveCan 13th February 2012 11:53 PM

lol yeah well :D

Been listening to the Aboriginal channel for a quick hear see.. Some interesting and grooving tunes.. Lot's to hear in the world of music, so little time!

Well Glo? some of their songs are fun to play :p This guy does a good job :cool: Nickelback - Bottoms Up guitar cover (w/ Lyrics) - YouTube

Jeff, hope it proves to be a better service? Let us know! Cheers!

vinylkid58 14th February 2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveCan (Post 2905396)
Jeff, hope it proves to be a better service? Let us know! Cheers!

I like it better already. Last week, the old radio jazz feed was playing obscure classical music for two days.:confused:

jeff

DaveCan 14th February 2012 01:06 AM

Classical on a jazz station sounds like a real mix up in the control room lol.

Great that the new service seems to be working better for you:cool:

I'm diggin it so far also! Love having new ways to discover music I'd may never find any other way :)

vinylkid58 14th February 2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveCan (Post 2905478)
Love having new ways to discover music I'd may never find any other way :)

Probably the biggest reason for having a Napster subscription, until the company discontinued their support in Canada.:mad:

jeff