diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Music (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/)
-   -   High Res Downloads (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/music/203771-high-res-downloads.html)

SY 4th January 2012 09:28 AM

High Res Downloads

I'd like to post a sample recording in 24/96 for anyone to download (Lee Barber playing the wonderful song "Tin Foil Satellite" for a group of local audiophiles and artists). Obviously, it would be a large file. Being an old coot, the only services I know to do that have a limited number of downloads- is there a free service where I can do this and have essentially unlimited downloads of the file?

madtecchy 4th January 2012 09:36 AM

Hi SY.

You could try uploading it to the website called soundcloud. There you can give people the choice to download or listen. And it is free.

Regards Ian

SY 4th January 2012 09:48 AM

Ian, thanks! Seems to work, here's the link:

Lee Barber Live- Tin Foil Satellite FLAC by Stuart Yaniger on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If anyone can try to download, see if it comes over as the right high res format.

lduarte1973 4th January 2012 09:49 AM

I know this is not what you are asking but do you know about this software ?

Cirlinca | High-Definition audio software | FLAC, DVD, Blu-ray

SY 4th January 2012 09:52 AM

Not familiar with that software. I've been using Reaper and Goldwave.

pinkmouse 4th January 2012 09:55 AM

Oops, need to update VLC to play it. Comes down as a 52.3 Mb Flac file though, that sound about right?

SY 4th January 2012 10:07 AM

Yeah, it should be about that. I hope the FLAC encoding really is lossless! The original WAV file is 195 meg.

wintermute 4th January 2012 10:08 AM

Very clear sound SY!! There is something weird going on with the soundstage though (at least through my speakers). He sounded like he was sitting about 4 feet to the left of my left most speaker (thats my left sitting facing the speakers), but some of the guitar (most specifically fingers sliding on the strings, not sure if there is a proper word for that) sounded pretty much central between the speakers...

Tony.

SY 4th January 2012 10:10 AM

Yeah, I need to move the mike back slightly on the next go-round- it's a Blumlein, and the height difference between Left and Right did something funny to the image. There's also some low level hum on the right, which I think was from ambient (the mikes and pre are all battery powered). This was a live show, so I couldn't tweak position. We're doing a recording-only session in a few weeks where I can work that stuff out.

wintermute 4th January 2012 10:32 AM

ok just looked it up, I almost asked if it was too close, but since I know nothing about recording didn't ;)

Out of interest was he seated centrally or off to one side? He was planted firmly in the back left corner of my room. Is it possible you didn't have the centre of the mic pair exactly on axis? maybe to the right by 1 or 2 degrees?

Tony.