What happened to music after 1992 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What happened to music after 1992 ?

Regardless of what type of music you like , i think that music as decayed so much after 1992 and i dont see any chance of returning to the gold old days quality (50´s , 60´s , 70´s , 80´s ). Nowdays music seems more about money than passion for a Concept of sonority . What do you think ?

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you didn't looked enough

there is so much music , and what you can grasp is just a scratch ........

if you are talking about top of mainstream - who TF cares for that , so called , music ?

that's just entertainment .......

I think that we can agree that in yesteryears was more music in entertainment ..... but today is today ...

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Same as it ever was.
^^^^^^

Talking heads ...Once in a lifetime....(mid life crisis)!!!

Not a good version of it but interesting...

once in a lifetime-talking heads-lyrics.wmv - YouTube

Well I hope we get lots of music because it drives the tube amps for me..

I noticed that when you don't party for a while you get the feeling that you can't relate to "todays" music...I thought why is this, could it be I relate my life to songs that trigger memories from the past good, bad, happy, sad, women I have known and lost...those that I love and those times I hate..

Even though you are Married and wouldn't change it...we all have a past..

So I thought stuff it...and went partying..you know I have more tunes I like..and they are more modern...some are now older tunes.....

Is it an age thing or is it as we get older we get stuck in our ways and won't accept change or party<<<create the good times..enjoy the music.. :)

Regards
M. Gregg

Nothing wrong happened with music after 1992 ! Just normal evolution !

Today around is thousands of high quality new artist and bands playing different music styles , the best thing is that everything is easy available on the NET , just use the browser and found what you like .
For example; before few week I discovered one more very good sounding band :
Hidden Orchestra - Wandering [Live] - YouTube

When I lived in Illinois, the constant changes in drinking age destroyed all the teen clubs and young-people's bars which sustained beginning musicians. Now people are into video and music is not a revolutionary call to young people of like minds anymore. When young baby-boomers dominated society and large amplifiers and good sound reproduction were something new, but there was no quality video...well audio was king. Now, not so much so. And musicians can't tour small venues at a loss to promote album sales. Now they have to work for a living or do video soundtracks. The music business is dying.

dont get me wrong , i have nothing against new bands , whatever style they play. What i mean is that even the older bands still in activity today dont make good music like they used to.

That`s normal , almost every artist or band have their start art phase , than top horizon art phase and finally decrease art phase , people just get older , but fresh new young people come on the music art surface with new music and fresh art ideas , usually offering amazing art quality .

Best Regards !

That`s normal , almost every artist or band have their start art phase , than top horizon art phase and finally decrease art phase , people just get older , but fresh new young people come on the music art surface with new music and fresh art ideas , usually offering amazing art quality

Exactly so. That's the difference between seeing (say) Emerson Lake and Palmer doing a pension tour and someone new and exciting like Oz Noy.

I have to agree with the OP up to a point but the 1992 date is certainly debatable.

90% of the music you now see on TV for example consists solely of a boring beat with absoluly no melody and must be acompanied by dancers.
Is this music or dance?

At one time, bands were encouraged to be creative but now it's cookie cutter boring music "that sells"

There is now so much bad music that really great bands seem to get lost in the madness .

IMO, the way disco almost killed good music in the '70s, rap is killing good music today.

Last edited:
There's plenty of good original stuff about.
You just have to search for it on the web.
Worrying thing thing is .......... without the internet, much of it would never be heard.
We would be stuck with the mundane stuff on the TV and the occasional decent radio programme.

I'm fortunate enough to have a daughter with an extremely varied musical taste, and she often draws my attention to bands that i might like.

when you are young you"ll get lasting impressions of sound, a guitar solo, a drum rythm whatever,.... on top of that when you are a teener so much is happening and changing and a lot of songs are attached to certain phases and good times or other important moments, when you get older it is harder to find something that is as new and fresh, you kind of heard it all, there is still tons of good music in all genres. Also the musicians themselves when getting older and seem to gain often in technique but losing in the creativity department. I think the overall quality of songs and instrument technique is better then ever before............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.