Pink Floyd - Rerelease of Albums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Sept. 26 2011

EMI has decided to release new remastered versions of the Pink Floyd Albums.

Pink Floyd | The Official Site

This will be great news for a lot of people - especially for age challenged over the hill types like me.

The release of these recordings does pose several serious problems for me tho. In order to properly duplicate my original listening experience will require me to acquire some sort of half azzed turntable - say a Dual 1229 with a Shure IV cartridge, plugged into a Sansui quad amp playing out to some JBL L100's. Then there are the bean bag chairs and lava lamps - incense burners - bell bottom paints etc. that will need to be located and purchased.

Damn - I just remembered - I'll need to get a reel to reel tape recorder to back up the vinyl to, plus an 8 track recorder so I can play tunes in the car. The reel to reel tape was always nice because I didn't need to get up to often to put on another platter. Sometimes getting up could be a challenge, let alone playing with a tone arm and risking that god awful noise they would make when the stylus skidded across the record.

OH dear me - what to do - what to do????? :D:D:D

Attachments

• QRX-5500C.JPG
    QRX-5500C.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 1229z.jpg
    1229z.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 282
  • JBL -L100.jpeg
    JBL -L100.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
What want the old man though, than you and me?
We pull back the crypt roof onto ourselves.
(You may say it calmly, you speak in your own name only!)

Wacky

Hey - I'm only 49 (well - 49 several times) :rolleyes:

Don't forget the bong.

Adding bong to shopping list Sy. I don't have a clue where to get something to burn up in it - but 5 minutes at the local collage library is probably all the time I would need to do a little research. :D:D:D

Of course - I must add some psychedelic posters to the walls (that will thrill SWMBO to no end). AND a WATERBED - I gotta go get me a WATERBED DUDE!!!!

Attachments

• Bongs.jpg
    Bongs.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Pink Floyd Poster.jpg
    Pink Floyd Poster.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 249
  • Waterbed.jpg
    Waterbed.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 68
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I just hope they do a better job than the last ones. The last remaster of Dark Side of the Moon on CD was dropped in to an evening of (otherwise excellent sounding) music at a friend's house the other week and it sounded terrible.

To true!!! The same can be said of many of the remastered "classics". All the bongs in the world won't improve that. Listening to them on an 8 track and some old JBL's should cover most of that up tho..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Adding bong to shopping list Sy. I don't have a clue where to get something to burn up in it

Nashville is Music City, right?

I was at a show last year in a secret, outdoor location- no electricity or lights, just several great musicians playing for the crowd. I was by 30 years the oldest person there. The kids started passing around pipes and I could hear a few of them, pointing at me, saying, "Watch out, don't let Gramps see you!" Damn, Pete Townsend was right.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have two words for you: Willie Nelson.

Shoot Sy - I wuz just kidding. Damn near every western I ever watched had a cine in it where some cowboy was rolling up a smoke ............... of something. Raised as a kid in Texas I was taught to roll tobacco cigs for grandpa while we were out fishing. That knowledge came in handy later in life 'cause along the banks of the Red River you could always find something growing wild and free. I'll be you can't do that anymore!!!! :rolleyes:

... say a Dual 1229 with a Shure IV cartridge, plugged into a Sansui quad amp playing out to some JBL L100's. Then there are the bean bag chairs and lava lamps - incense burners - bell bottom paints etc. that will need to be located and purchased.

Damn - I just remembered - I'll need to get a reel to reel tape recorder to back up the vinyl to, plus an 8 track recorder so I can play tunes in the car. The reel to reel tape was always nice because I didn't need to get up to often to put on another platter. :D:D:D

can help you out with the following items:

Dual 1229Q
Bell bottoms - no way they will ever fit me again now I'm (~~)*(~~) instead of ( ).( )
Bean bags
Lava lamp (plural)
Sony R2R

No 8-track here - we went straight to hi-tech compact cassette...

Also a range of original issue (in NZ) Floyd vinyl. If you think the remasters were crap, take a listen to NZ vinyl...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
can help you out with the following items:

Dual 1229Q
Bell bottoms - no way they will ever fit me again now I'm (~~)*(~~) instead of ( ).( )
Bean bags
Lava lamp (plural)
Sony R2R

No 8-track here - we went straight to hi-tech compact cassette...

Also a range of original issue (in NZ) Floyd vinyl. If you think the remasters were crap, take a listen to NZ vinyl...

Geeeeeee - Ta Mate!!!!
Like Toaster suggested - I think I'll wait a bit and see if the new release(s) will be worth their cost - let alone the cost of the extras. I have the original CD's and had totally forgotten how bad that Dark Side of the Moon remaster was a while back. His reminder snapped me back to reality REALLY FAST!!! Sort of like Mom knocking on the door of my bedroom and telling me to turn the music down. :eek:

Besides that - I haven't been around any whacky weed since around '75. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.