Pink Floyd - Rerelease of Albums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would have considered trading a personal body part for a 1229, now I consider the one I have one of my "lesser" turntables.

Don't need no pipe, just need some rolling papers and an opened-up (nowadays I have to add original) Dark Side of The Moon album cover to sort out the seeds. Or so I've heard.

I would have considered trading a personal body part for a 1229, now I consider the one I have one of my "lesser" turntables.

The store I worked at sold Garrard. I got talked into trading in my SL72B (decent turntable) for the brand new Zero 100 (total POS). I had that thing for about 5 or 6 years, gave it away and bought a cheap Technics at a discount store. That was about 1977 and I still have it, and use it a lot.

I just dug out my original issue DSOM record and there is no trace of green material in the fold. Not true of the old Moody Blues and Jethro Tull records.

They don't have seeds anymore (so I'm told). The miracles of modern agriculture.

Not so modern. The "growers guide" back in the 60's taught us how to identify and kill off all the male plants so that the females will never seed and continue to produce buds until harvest time. Regulation of the "daylight" hours controls the maturity cycle so that the males will mature first aiding in detection.

He lives on Maui, were cannabis is compulsory.

I grew up in Miami, a popular "importation" point. Seeing bales of pot floating in Biscayne Bay were so common they got the name "square Grouper". Don't drag one into your boat. They stink, stain the deck green, and aren't worth smoking.

Some of us might have been involved in some agricultural experiments out in the eastern Everglades. There are probably still some stray plants out there somewhere after 40+ years.

I love the "live at Pompeii" dvd. Unfortunately the original recordings and video were lost and all that remains is what they used on the master. They recently released a "Director's cut" version and the remastered sound on it is horrible.

Every time a Pink Floyd re-release comes out I jump in hope that they recovered the live at Pompeii recordings.

Hmmmmmm............. Still have any of those seeds???? :D:D:D

Buried somewhere in the state of Utah is a 3" PVC time capsule with a hermetically sealed cache of the best select seeds going back to just about the Taft administration. Unfortunately I think I sampled something before I buried it.....

Haven't touched anything in years. Spose I ought to seek out a nephew who has and send him on a treasure hunt... might take lifetimes. But perhaps some archiologist will stumble on it someday.
Doc

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Have the new Dark Side, Meddle, and Wish you were here. Very good step up from any other copy i have. More resolving, detailed, and smoother . The clocks on Dark Side have much more structure and detail. Definitely worth the investment if you needs new copies for whatever reason :djinn:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.