Classic Rock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Singles and lame airplay don't define hits, we do. Teenaged girls are not huge Zeppelin fans.

Led Zeppelin was not Pop band, it was pure uncompromising Rock and Roll for the masses.

Speaking of all time record sales, anyone remember Pink Floyd? The highest selling album of all time worldwide was the Wall. They were not chart toppers either, although I'm sure they enjoyed a little time here and there.

Last edited:
Singles and lame airplay don't define hits, we do. Teenaged girls are not huge Zeppelin fans.

Led Zeppelin was not Pop band, it was pure uncompromising Rock and Roll for the masses.

Speaking of all time record sales, anyone remember Pink Floyd? The highest selling album of all time worldwide was the Wall. They were not chart toppers either, although I'm sure they enjoyed a little time here and there.

I got tickets to see Roger Waters play in NYC in July :D

I agree. Freddie was one of a kind and the only one I know who ever did 5 octaves in a rock band.

I've been to the first official Queen gig at NYC's Uris threater and five Queen concerts after that..... Queen's and Freddy's greatness was evident.

After that first concert, I went to Queen concerts with different friends who did not really like queen (they were hard core country rock fans as I was) but went with me anyway. After experiencing Queen and Freddy they all became Queen fans.:)

Seems everyone forgot about the Rolling Stones too. I would put them up there as well.

If it makes you feel any better I like Iron Maiden better then Kiss. What a bunch of douchbags. They have a couple decent tunes but Jesus Christ are they ever gay.

Rolling Stones..... one either loves or hates them but, it can't be denied that they have survived so long simply due to their uniqunees and blues under tones.
Yesterday, I played "Far away eys" (MP3) and it's pure musical genius IMO.

Last edited:
I've never been a Queen fan , but I went to a concert of a tribute band some years ago and I really liked them :)

What some never realized is that Queen on record and Queen live were a bit different.
Live, Queen was simply a a kick a*s rock band first and foremost with four verry talented musicians. Live, they had to rely on that and not on any studio tricks/enhancements.

So, a tribute band has the same challenge. To do justice to Queen, a tribute band must be first rate. :)

Last edited:
What about King Crimson, (the original) Yes and (the original) Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

mlloyd1

I have always been fascinated about those two bands, specially on the very early days, when Greg Lake was part of both albums, In the court of the crimson king and the EL&P first album.

For instance, Yesterday I tested my Hartsfield Replicas with Take a Pebble, that is one of my top ten songs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.