Any Prog Metal Fan on DIYA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a pretty big Dream Theater fan, but I have not heard of the others you mentioned. Will definitely be checking them out though. I've heard Dream Theater has some pretty well recorded albums, Images and Words being one that I've heard mentioned on several occasions. As far as my favorites, I'd have to go with Between the Buried and Me, Agalloch, Protest the Hero, and Opeth(of course). I like the heavier stuff, haha.

I haven't listened to much of the genre, but I am a big fan of Dream Theater. Mike Portnoy is an absolute beast on the kit - I'm in love with the guy.

All of the albums I have by them are very well recorded - the guys put a lot of hard work into those albums.

Saw em live a couple of years ago too.

I'm, a prog fan, and I like some prog-metal

Dream theater recordings are pretty mediocre, as are Tool and A Perfect Circle and Primus and Opeth. Varying levels of the "wall of Sound" concept. Haven't actually heard any "good" prog metal recordings. That's not to say I don't like the music.

Last edited:
I love Prog Metal. One of my absolute favorite bands is Fates Warning. Absolutely incredible live. I also just saw Dream Theater live (they opened for Iron Maiden on their last tour.) Also, check out Nightwish. I really like them. During the holidays I was listening to Blind Guardian. Good stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.