Name these tunes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a CD compilation disk that was passed to me, original source unknown. The disc is a series of about 30 second excerpts taken from 40 tracks, to be used for high fidelity music demo. Probably something put together by some hifi store with classical, folk, blues, big band, stage cuts, even the old standby Belafonte at Carnegie. The tracks are quite nice, which is frustrating since I don't know the artist or song on the vast majority of them. I'd really like to identify these so I can buy full copies of the originals and maybe check into other recordings by the artists.

So, can Imake this into a game? I've uploaded an "nrg" image of a CD of the first 20 excerpts to MegaUpload. It's a BIG file, 356MB of uncompressed audio, so this would be a good thing to have downloading while you do something else.

The link for the download is: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If you want to play "Name the Tune, Artist and Disc" (or if you just want to get a CD of some nice test tracks to try on your system), download the image file and burn it to a CD. Nero, ImgBurn, and various other burning programs can be used to burn from this format.

I thought of just posting mp3s of the excerpts, but thought that would get me flamed! If this works ok and there is enough interest, then I can post another CD image file later of the other 20 tracks and we can go again.

(BTW, if there any objections from owners of copyright on any of these tracks, please let me know and I will cheerfully delete. I am assuming that the short excerpts could do only good by interesting this audience in purchasing the full versions. The excerpts are not long enough to conceivably substitute for full versions of the tracks.)

So, download, burn, listen, and show how well versed you are audiophilically. List the tracks you recognize here. Thanks, enjoy!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yeah Bill, just knock them all down to mid-rate MP3s and zip them all together. Smaller download and easier for all of us.
You've put them in a Nero format, not real ISO. My burning software usually handles the nrg files, but not this one.

You're right :(

Attachments

• CDBurner NRG to ISO.JPG
    CDBurner NRG to ISO.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 70
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.