Chemical Bros ‘Further’ – all froth & no beer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was impressed by this on the plane to Thailand in Jan, bought a copy when I returned. But after several listenings, I’m not convinced … sure It’s got some nice riffs & rhythms, some nice cascades of notes, but I don’t find myself remembering any of it. Perhaps the shorter attention span induced in altered states of consciousness is required to fully appreciate this music? Or perhaps (& I didn’t find this out till after I bought the CD), it’s only meant to be a soundtrack to the accompanying videos?..i.e. should have bought the DVD…?

(or perhaps I've been listening to too much Handel, and expect...melody!!!)

I saw them about...4 years ago ? The show was fantastic ,they had a huge Hi-res super LED screen behind ,and it ended with an oscillator shifting to the infrabass and some bass drum kicks ( the part I loved best :rolleyes:)
I don't have any albums of them.
May I suggest a classic ?
Leftfield -Leftism (1995 )
:)

Edit: Pete ,did you find something interesting in BKK ???

Last edited:
I have similar feelings about the new album. But, I LOVE the DVD that accompanies the special issue cd of that album. If you watch them together, the visual work perfectly with the music. I give it two thumbs up as an album with visuals!!!!! I like to turn the lights off, and the volume up.

Ah ..chemical Bros :)

been listening to them since their first album
their sound was way ahead back then ...

this new album is only ok to good, not much more
have you ever listened to their music before this latest?
not a very good album to start with
not really representative of their art

you should go on youtube, and listen to anything you can find from them
good place to start

some very nice stuff from their earlies,
and then ..star guitar, saturate etc ...

a very unique sound
very enjoyable when working phisically ( only on afternoons..not for the mornings :p )

cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.