Diana Krall S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

Just curious to hear on this matter: I love Diana Krall's music, and I think her recordings are pretty good. The thing I don't like is that all the S in the recordings have a kind of sibilance. At the beginning I thought it was my system, but maybe it's not.

Do you hear what I hear ?

Thanks,

Davide

Which album are you referring to ? I'm actually really disappointed that her older records are actually better sounding than the new one!And not just that!
''All for you'' ''Love Scenes'' are some of the best trios recorded.
I've heard the Sibilance on B&W(afcourse)but almost never on my Scan speak(and i use silver IC).So it's the speakers i gess.

Wes

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I picked up her Look of Love cd a while back and don't notice over saturated highs. I'm running CSS EL70's in full range so I would hear it if it was there. Your system may be accentuating the highs. There are plenty of recordings that are plagued with over saturation on the highs though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.