List of Artists Who Generally Make High Quality Recordings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've only tried Under the Pink (album) by her, but wasn't impressed for the most part - listen to Pretty Good Year to hear why - the music itself is decent enough, but there's a bit where drums etc come in, and it really ought to be at least 6dB up during that section. Almost no volume change at all. Grr...
Chris

Well produced and well recorded are two different things. I would consider what you're describing as a production decision.

Attachments

• Patricia Barber Companion.jpg
    Patricia Barber Companion.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I've only tried Under the Pink (album) by her, but wasn't impressed for the most part - listen to Pretty Good Year to hear why - the music itself is decent enough, but there's a bit where drums etc come in, and it really ought to be at least 6dB up during that section. Almost no volume change at all. Grr...

Chris

Check your CD with software, it may not be the recording at fault ....

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Perhaps the cleanest, quietest and best quality recordings I used to buy were on ECM records. Used pure virgin vinyl (No paper parts from remixed old records). Each album came in a mylar sleeve. I have not however bought one in a long time.
Doc

My only beef with ECM (besides the sometimes New-Agey material) is that the recodings are on the quiet side, both vinyl and CDs. No break-through between grooves, but not a lot of volume. Pressings are consistently high quality. I use a couple of ECM releases (among others) to evaluate changes I make in my system.

+1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.